Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gallery Category support thread

Good to know - thanks for reporting. Another tester to double check, and I will feel confident about adding this to the mod. And if anyone is willing to post a link to a working installation, that would be nice. I don't have a database to spare for a public demo installation.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gallery Category Product Listing

Hi gjh42,

Thank You for the quick solution! I used the product listing you posted and it works perfect. I am using your mod as a "upcoming products" list.

Thanks again!

GJW

Plugin Contributions

Hello Zenners.

My fisrt post here.

I have gallery2 v2.4 runiing with the zen cart module. It is on my local web sever. I am trying to find a free hoster which suports gallery2, for safe mode off, and .htacess, if anyone knows a hoster that supoorts gallery2 pls let me know.

What i want to do is . Once i hit add to cart on my gallery2 site it then take you to the zen cart index.php main catorgery file ( which i assume is like a product listed on you zencart site) what i want is once you hit add to cart i want it to put it straight into thecart. Is this possible.

Re question on a working example of g2 and zencart. I did find a good one it was listsed on g2 forums. I ll see if i can find it again.

If you want to intergrate zen with galerry2 see this post. it explains it fully, its taken me a few go to get it right.
    http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:M...nCart_Software

Happy zenning

Pete

Plugin Contributions

Stampsville - Thanks for posting. Is the "upcoming products list" the watch list for registered members that you mention in your news item?

pcp20us - The Gallery Category mod has nothing to do with Gallery2. You may want to repost in General Questions or a more focused subforum to get help with this. Try a search on gallery2. Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

Hi pcp20us

No, I came across a problem with some of my own scripts that I'm working on to fix. Such as the items are showing up as sold out on the home page since I have the quantities set at 0 for the gallery items. As soon as I figure that one out, might be a couple of days, I will let you know I have it back up.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Gallery Category automatically suppresses the display of quantity in product listing and product info, so there is no need to set quantity to 0 for this.

Are the items displaying in other kinds of listings too? If those listings depend on category, the output can be fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Glenn, I have installed this on 1.3.8a version with the Column Layout Grid and Column Divider and it works great, except the info I don't want displayed still displays in the All Product Listing and the New product listing.....is there a way I can just disable this category from displaying in those listings?

The site I am working on is here: http://krystalroseart.com/ and any help would be appreciated :)
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

HI there, this sounds exactly what I need. I have downloaded and made changes to the template names and loaded it up. Probably being stupid but I can't see where or how to use the module? It's not under 'modules', there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to elect a category as a 'gallery' and the 'read me' doesn't explain how to use the module after installation.

Maybe I have had a problem in installing it but I can't be sure because I dpn't know where it is supposed to appear?

Many thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

You need to edit the files before installation to reflect the desired category id, as described in the readme:

Procedure:

After unzipping the files, navigate to them in your file manager and change the /your_template/ folders to the folder name of the template you are using.

Then open each file in a good text editor like Notepad++ (available free from sourceforge.net) and change the "23" to the id of the category you want to designate as gallery. No other edits are needed unless you wish to change the functionality of the mod. The procedural descriptions below are for information only.

If you have previously edited either of these files, you will need to merge your edits with the ones here.

When finshed, ftp the whole /includes/ folder to the root of your store. The files will drop into the proper locations automatically. Check in your file manager to make sure they are correct.
    ##########################################################################################____

Plugin Contributions

Christon -

Gallery Category can only affect listings that display according to category. The All listing does not reference category at all, so cannot be affected by this. It would take a much more comprehensive mod.
    The New centerbox can be restricted to a category, so may be possible to affect, but the New listing (as far as I recall) does not have any such possibility.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast