Plugin Contributions

help question Budget Zencart Templates / Designers

Hi all,

I bet there are many people out there thinking the same (Are there any budget Zencart Templates or designers)
    I have an online store that needs a little work done with the template maybe a new sign. I'm not looking to pay out a large amount for a new design more of a budget design.

I think it would help users if there was a list of designers within Zencart of sites that offer low budget design work or templates.

Is there anyone out there that can help with a new design at all. I have taken a look at the Zencart Templates site but I'm looking for a little better there good but I think that would be a down grade from my currant design.

Your help and ideas would be appreciated, there has to be some good zencart users out there that are able to help!!!! Are there???

Thanks,
    Adam.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Budget Zencart Templates / Designers

The first thing you need is to optimize your site for speed! It took about a minute before anything showed at all, and several minutes to finish loading (on DSL). You have some huge thumbnails (40k up to 221k) and a lot of big banner images as well. Your Paypal banner is pushing the right column out beyond the page size (at least on a 1024x768 monitor).
    Fix some of those issues and then ask in the proper Customizing subforum, and you should get some good template restyling advice.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Budget Zencart Templates / Designers

Quote Originally Posted by Adds View Post
    I bet there are many people out there thinking the same (Are there any budget Zencart Templates or designers)
    Requests such as this should really be placed in the Commercial Help Wanted section.

Bear in mind that, like so many other things in life, that if you want quality, you should expect to pay for it - if you want "budget" it will probably look like it.

Websites are like real world stationery - something cheap is usually not going to give a good impression and the vast majority of potential customers probably won't think "Oh look, he's making an effort to save money"; more likely they'll think "If he's cutting corners here, where else will he cut corners".

BTW - by "cheap" I'm not just referring to money, but also to time invested.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart