Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal orders not registering in Zencart

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help us out with a slight error we're seeing in our new zencart site we've set up.

When someone opts to pay by paypal it goes through all the steps alright and then transfers them to PayPal but it doesn't transfer the price they need to pay to paypal.

The second problem is that it's not registering the order in zencart either....... I've put through a test order and used my paypal account as well and this didn't register either.......

Can anyone help out at all, i need to get it fixed ASAP.

Cheers, ToNy!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal orders not registering in Zencart

What version of Zen Cart?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Dr Byte,

Running V 1.3.7

Cheers, ToNy!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you installed the latest paypal patch for 1.3.7? http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

You probably should also turn on debug logging and find out what's getting logged.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi again,

I've been using PayPal IPN, am i better off using PayPal Express checkout.....?

Cheers, ToNy!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The patch contains updates to BOTH modules.

You can use either if your system supports them.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,

I tried that but it still doesn't seem to record the paypal orders...... I turned on the debug and got about 15 emails through but wasn't sure what to look for.

Just a couple of questions if someone can help me...

I'm using the PayPal IPN, Should the order total automatically be transfered to paypal?

Do the orders normally register straight away in zencart?

Cheers, ToNy!

Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Orders not showing up?????

Hi just a couple questions about the paypal working process...

Should my website transfer the total amount to be paid directly to paypal?
    My orders aren't showing up in zencart yet but have been processed through paypal, does the fact that i'm not verified yet affect this?
    How long does it normally take for them to appear on zencart after being paid in paypal?

Cheers, ToNy!

P.S. in the Paypal mod error log shows this "IPN FATAL ERROR :: No saved session data available to build order from IPN.
    Cannot process this as an IPN-only transaction." that's one of three Fatal Error's i got.
    Last edited by DrByte; 4 Jun 2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Merged this post back into this thread instead of leaving it out as a separate topic

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buyashed View Post
    I'm using the PayPal IPN, Should the order total automatically be transfered to paypal?
    Yes. The value of the order is sent to PayPal. If it's not arriving over there, then either something is blocking the data from being sent from the customer's checkout-confirmation page, or you may have some sort of language, currency, or other setting conflict.

Do the orders normally register straight away in zencart?
    If you have the PDT support activated, then yes.
    Otherwise, IPN transactions may require a few minutes for PayPal to send a notice to your store that the order is paid, which then causes the order to show up in Zen Cart.
    As an aside, the Express Checkout module also causes the order to show up immediately.

I turned on the debug and got about 15 emails through but wasn't sure what to look for.
    Can you PM me with a link to a zip of those logs so I can review them?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Orders not showing up?????

P.S. in the Paypal mod error log shows this "IPN FATAL ERROR :: No saved session data available to build order from IPN.
    Cannot process this as an IPN-only transaction." that's one of three Fatal Error's i got.
    That means that the data sent back to your store from PayPal didn't match something your store was expecting to receive from PayPal.

When an IPN order is initiated, its data is saved in Zen Cart. When PayPal receives payment and attempts to notify your store, your store does a lookup for that data. If it doesn't find the data, the message you posted above will appear in the logs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast