Page 210 of 227 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

The Major/Minor will disappear if you delete the define for 'CAT_BOX_HEADING_3'.
    You did not add the defines for 'CAT_BOX_HEADING_37' and 'CAT_BOX_HEADING_199' as I directed you to do; instead, you have a define for 'CAT_BOX_HEADING_10'.

Plugin Contributions

I guess I got lost with the first instructions you sent me. You told me to name them the numbers of our folders which were Designs starting with 10 and Clipart starting with 300. That's why they were named like that. I have adjusted per your recommendations now. I went through and deleted references to box 3 and I still have the Minor Heading. Not sure where else to look for that, which sheet I need to look at. Thank you so much for all the help you have given me. I'm so sorry to be such a pain. I started fresh this morning looking at your instructions and the php and css sheets. These are the only sheets I have installed for this mod as I didn't want the buttons. I'm a lot closer to what I wanted now than I was before, but still don't have the categories in the right boxes.
    Thanks again,
    Ellen

Plugin Contributions

Maybe I have not made clear what numbers you are supposed to be using for the defines.
    When you say 10 and 300, are those the sort orders you gave to the first categories in each set? The sort orders are irrelevant to us except for getting the categories in the right order.

The important numbers are the "cPath" (or category id for top cats). You can find this in Catalog > Categories/Products; looking at the list of categories, the cat id is on the left edge. You never said which categories are supposed to be the first ones in each group, so I had to assume it was NEW PRODUCTS for Designs and the second Animals for Clipart. These are categories 37 and 199, which is why I told you to make those specific defines.

Plugin Contributions

You cannot get the Major/Minor headings without a define in categories_dressing_defines.php for CAT_BOX_HEADING_3. Find that line and delete it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You cannot get the Major/Minor headings without a define in categories_dressing_defines.php for CAT_BOX_HEADING_3. Find that line and delete it.
    This is all I have on the categories_dressing_defines.php page:
    <?php
    /**
    * @copyright Copyright 2009 Glenn Herbert
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.gnu.org/licenses/ GNU Public License V3.0
    * Categories Dressing v2.7.3 - Glenn Herbert (gjh42) - 20090505
    * includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/your_template/categories_dressing_defines.php
    */

//example defines - copy & modify for each category desired
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_#','group|divider/class|[imgname]|[imgalt][|headcontent|headclass][|headcontent|headclass]...');
    [define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_37','1|0|1||Designs|1');//new list - text heading - style 1
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_199','1|0|1||Clipart|1');//new list - text heading - style 1
    }

//
    //display only the active top category and its subs, hide top cats, hide sub-subcats, or any combination.
    //only uncomment and set this define if you want to hide cats based on active tree or level
    // 'active|highest_level|deepest_level'
    //active: 0=all tops/1=full active tree only/2=active only (all tops when no cat selected)/
    //3=full active tree, others per level/4=like 3, active branches only/5=like 1, no tops|
    //highest_level: 0=all levels/1=no topcats/etc.|
    //deepest_level: 1=only first subcats/2=first & second subcats/etc.
    //
    //define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', '0|1|1');//hide top cats
    //define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', '0|1|1');//show only active cats, to first subcat level
    ?>

Ellen

Plugin Contributions

Very strange, because that is not the file that is controlling your menu display, at least not the only file. Somewhere there is a file with defines for categories 10 and 3. Are you sure about what files are in /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/cherry_zen/ ?

I see you have gotten an extra "1" in the defines, which in that position would be read as an image filename and not work correctly. That might explain why the clipart heading is not working. The other define has a stray [ in front of it which is most likely disabling it completely. They should look exactly like this (copy & paste):
    PHP Code:
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_37','1|0|||Designs|1');//new list - text heading - style 1
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_199','1|0|||Clipart|1');//new list - text heading - style 1 

Plugin Contributions

You were right it looks to me like when I installed it the program copied it to other places. I have it right now and the site looks just like we wanted it to.
    Thank You so much for your advise and patients with me!
    Ellen

Plugin Contributions

Hi Glenn.

Is it possible to have the categories listed into two columns?
    Somthing like this?

Category one
    subcat-1 subcat-4
    subcat-2 subcat-5
    subcat-3

Category two
    subcat-1 subcat-4
    subcat-2
    subcat-3

Category three
    subcat-1 subcat-4
    subcat-2 subcat-5
    subcat-3 subcat-6

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Yes, limelites has done it on at least one of his sites - you could look at the view source and the CSS to see how it is organized.
    Essentially, you would make a new category group for the set of subcats you want in the second column, then give both groups widths just less than half of the total sidebox space. Probably the best way to put the second column beside the first is to give it position: absolute; and top: and left: properties to put it where you want it. Nothing else will be trying to occupy that space to the right of the first column, so everything should fit neatly.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I'm trying it, I'll post in case of further need.