Page 208 of 227 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing divider

This is really very strange. I cannot see any reason at all why those three categories should not work when the rest do. They are even interspersed in the stylesheet, so there could not be an error that cuts off the end from processing.

Since you are not using hover features, it would be simpler for you to make the images foreground instead of background images. Rename or copy catbg67.png to catimg67.png and see if that is picked up. The stylesheet rules would then become redundant except for a general rule that top categories are 102px high.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    This is really very strange. I cannot see any reason at all why those three categories should not work when the rest do. They are even interspersed in the stylesheet, so there could not be an error that cuts off the end from processing.

Since you are not using hover features, it would be simpler for you to make the images foreground instead of background images. Rename or copy catbg67.png to catimg67.png and see if that is picked up. The stylesheet rules would then become redundant except for a general rule that top categories are 102px high.
    But where is catbg67.png located?
    I have not found this file in the plugin (attached).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gabicen View Post
    But where is catbg67.png located?
    I have not found this file in the plugin (attached).
    In stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.css at line 72 I have reinsert the border (a white one) and the issue is resolved but do not know why.

#chcategories ul {/*top category lists*/
    list-style: none;
    background: none;
    border: 1px solid #ffffff; ---> before it was changed by me to: none
    margin: 0 0 0.4em 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

Thanks for this plugin gjh42 !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

LOL. I thought maybe I was missing something. But yes it is very very strange. That is why I posted to see if anyone else might be able to spot the problem. Let me try your tip here and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post

Plugin Contributions

Nope that didn't work either.

Plugin Contributions

Ok so this issue gets weirder the more I try to fix it. I was able to rename the image yesterday and it didn't work. Today I went to rename it and my ftp program gave me an error. I tried to download the image to see if the creator of it maybe did something strange to it accidently. It will not download also throws an error. However I can download, rename etc any other image file in the buttons that was not done by this other person. Is there any possibility this image file is corrupt and that is what is causing the problem?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gabicen View Post
    In stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.css at line 72 I have reinsert the border (a white one) and the issue is resolved but do not know why.

#chcategories ul {/*top category lists*/
    list-style: none;
    background: none;
    border: 1px solid #ffffff; ---> before it was changed by me to: none
    margin: 0 0 0.4em 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

Thanks for this plugin gjh42 !

I have upload the mod on my site: http://consumabile.org

It looks ok on Firefox 11, Opera 11 and Chrome but it is not ok on IE7...the space is still there (see image down).

Best regards,
    Gabriel
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gabicen; 26 Apr 2012 at 04:31 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

ravynw - It does sound like there is something corrupt about the image itself, though why that would cause the code to not find it I still have no clue. Reopening and saving it with careful attention in your image program might help... For interest, you might try reopening a COPY of one of the images that does work (temporarily rename the original for holding purposes), save that copy and test it on your site. If the copy fails to work, that would indicate something wrong with your image program. Then delete the copy and restore the original if necessary.

gabicen - IE7 is very old and buggy and not widely used, and I would put a lower priority on making it look perfect as long as it works correctly. That said, I will look at it when I get a chance and see if a known bugfix is applicable to making it look right.

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=gjh42
    gabicen - IE7 is very old and buggy and not widely used, and I would put a lower priority on making it look perfect as long as it works correctly. That said, I will look at it when I get a chance and see if a known bugfix is applicable to making it look right.[/QUOTE]

I do not care how the site looks in IE7 so you should not bother with this problem.
    Thanks again for this plugin.
    Gabriel

Plugin Contributions

So we still have not been able to resolve this issue. The image seems to be fine. Just for whatever reason it is not being called or being read. We would really like to be able to get this resolved. But are out of ideas at this point.