Page 11 of 227 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

They are displayed in the admin > Catalog > Categories/Products index, on the left side of the category name.

You can also bring up a category page in your storefront and look at the address bar at the top of the window. There will be a "&cPath=24" in there when the category with id 24 is open.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Categories Dressing

Need a second set of eyes (or more) I have a site that I have been working on that I utilized the Categories Dressing mod (love it by the way!!). I don't know if that is what is causing the "reported" issue or not, but thought this was a good place to start. Notice I said "reported issued" that is because I've looked at the site on three different computers and multiple browsers and I'm not seeing it.

The customer states that when they mouse over the left menu that the site jumps all around - flashes - I've told them that if I could see what they were speaking of that maybe I could figure out the issue. Well they just sent me a little video of the problem - and wow is it jumping around.

It does not happen on any of my computers or on my associates computer - so I'm at a loss. The site in question can be reached by clicking here.

Please take a moment of your time and take a look and please tell me if you see the page flashing or jumping when you mouse over the category menu. And if you do see this - any ideas of the cause and how I can remedy it.

Thanks so much... I am just baffled by this one

Plugin Contributions

Follow up on my request - here's the link to their video (swf file) of what she is seeing - click here

Plugin Contributions

I can't see any odd behavior (in Firefox 2)... In the video, I notice that the "shopper" animation is not moving by so much as a frame (as far as I can tell) while the mouse is bouncing around on the menu. Could that be connected?

Is there anywhere else on her page that has a hover effect? If so, can she replicate the problem on that location?

Plugin Contributions

Category 25 is no longer listed, and all I did was comment out the example background image.

Any ideas on how to get my birdbath category to show back up? It's awol! haha.

I have it showing in the tabs menu so it's not too big a thing, but when the wife sees it I'm going to have to move in with the creator of the mod.

Heated birdbaths are our hot item right now.

So I guess I'm in hot water?!?

God I'm funny. I crack myself up sometimes.

Plugin Contributions

Before looking at your site... You commented out the stylesheet declaration that calls for the sample background image? I bet the image files are still in /your_template/images/.

The code checks for the existence of files named according to the formula, and if it finds them, it disables the text for that category so the background swap can operate. You need to delete, move or rename the image files; then there will be no problem.

Plugin Contributions

yea yea, you just don't want a new roommate. haha

Now here's a silly question. Why do you have the code checking for an image instead of letting the css file handle it? Or am I more confused that before?

Renaming image files now.

Oh yea, I'm getting rave reviews on the new look thanks to Categories dressing.

Plugin Contributions

There are different CSS calls based on what is wanted to happen - foreground image, background image with hover swap, etc... The categories need different class tags to use each variant, so it has to check which variant to use, and all is controlled in one place (by loading the proper files).
    Also, this avoids the situation of specifying that some text should be replaced by an image and if the image is missing there is nothing displayed. Cat Dressing, no image, and the standard text is displayed.

I have been learning about some even neater text replacement methods, and one day I may play with them and see if I can get the function even more streamlined.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having trouble with the bullets on the subcategories. I've added the code

a.category-subs-text, a.category-products-text {
    display: list-item;
    list-style: circle inside url(../images/bullet3.gif);
    }

to the CSS but the bullets are not displaying in FF (mac). FireBug is installed and the 'display: list-item;' shows up as strike-through.

What am I missing?

Plugin Contributions

That declaration needs to be

#categories a.category-subs-text, #categories a.category-products-text {

so that something else doesn't override it.

The earliest version of Cat Dressing had the #categories for all declarations, but I later found it wasn't needed... at least in most places. Apparently it was still needed here.

Page 11 of 227 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast