Page 118 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Im getting the HideCategories to work but all the Individual Category Headings has disappeared.

Plugin Contributions

Got it to work now :)

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to enter any links and have it displayed in the Categories Sidebox? For example, add a link to Privacy Notice and have that display at the bottom of the Categories Sidebox?

Plugin Contributions

You could add that as a heading for one of the links at the bottom of the sidebox, styled to look like another link.
    Alternatively, you could edit tpl_categories.php and put the link code there to get it at the very bottom of the sidebox.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    After looking at the Milner site, I have thought of a simple way to get the desired categories boxes/levels.

1: Set the active/level filter to show all first level subcats (as it is now) plus the lower subcats of the active main cat. (It may take a customized version of the active/level managing function - not a big deal.)
    2: Activate both the chcategories sidebox as is, and the categories sidebox on the right.
    3: Make stylesheet rules that will hide lower subcats in the chcategories box and first level cats in the categories box.
    sorry for delay in reply again, I had to make necessary changes on site design in meantime, on my client suggestion

I forgot to menition that sidebox I set-up on left side on my page is classic categories.php (which is now showing only 1st level subcategories). So I dont know if that changes situation to-much beside left/right position

2: Activate both the chcategories sidebox as is, and the categories sidebox on the right.
    This I have finished, with note that categories.php (which is showing Car Brands) is on left and chcategories.php (which is showing Car Part Type) is in the right column

3: Make stylesheet rules that will hide lower subcats in the chcategories box and first level cats in the categories box.
    This is part I having trouble with.. In "categories_dressing_defines.php" display level looks like this:

"define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', '0|1|1');"

and that OK regarding left sidebox categories.php, but how can I set chcategories to display level '0|5|4' at same time?
    And also I dont understand part about stylesheet rules which will hide lower subcats in the chcategories?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You could add that as a heading for one of the links at the bottom of the sidebox, styled to look like another link.
    Alternatively, you could edit tpl_categories.php and put the link code there to get it at the very bottom of the sidebox.
    Apart from hard-coding it in the tpl_categories.php, is there other way to have a group of links (around 10 manufacturer links) to show as a category sidebox without creating the folders in admin?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Is it not possible to have margins or padding or have a background image set in a ul#catGroup?

I can make borders, adjust fonts, set the height and width of the group but I can't position anything properly

At least if I knew it wasn't possible I could give up trying and have a go at something else.

Plugin Contributions

adi2009 - My last post to you was specific about the location of categories and chcategories. It won't work correctly with them the other way. And you won't need to have two different settings, once a small change is made to a function in categories_dressing_functions.php. Essentially we need to make the code treat first level subcats as if they were top level cats. I will look at that soon and post the change required.

The stylesheet code will be something like
    #chcategories ul ul ul {/*hide all deeper than first subcategory lists - left box*/
    display: none;
    }

#categoriesContent>ul>li>ul>li>a {/*hide only first level subcategories - right box*/
    display: none;
    }

In /includes/functions/extra_functions/categories_dressing_functions.php, find this
    PHP Code:
        }//switch

if ($test_level){
          switch (
    'true'){
            case (
    $cat_box_active_level[1] > $cat_depth): 
    and add this just before it
    PHP Code:
          case 7://full active subtree, others per level - treat first subcat like top - customized 20100205 for madijelovi

if($cPath_top != $path_top){//only 1 top cat's subs

$skip_cat 1;
              break;
            }

$cPath_top_special = (int)substr_replace($_GET['cPath'],'',0,strpos($_GET['cPath'],'_')+1) ;//remove before & incl 1st occurrence of _ in string

$path_top_special = (int)substr_replace($path,'',0,strpos($path,'_')+1) ;//remove before & incl 1st occurrence of _ in string

if($cPath_top_special != $path_top_special$test_level 1;
            break; 
    to get this
    PHP Code:
          case 7://full active subtree, others per level - treat first subcat like top - customized 20100205 for madijelovi

if($cPath_top != $path_top){//only 1 top cat's subs

$skip_cat 1;
              break;
            }

$cPath_top_special = (int)substr_replace($_GET['cPath'],'',0,strpos($_GET['cPath'],'_')+1) ;//remove before & incl 1st occurrence of _ in string

$path_top_special = (int)substr_replace($path,'',0,strpos($path,'_')+1) ;//remove before & incl 1st occurrence of _ in string

if($cPath_top_special != $path_top_special$test_level 1;
            break;
        }
    //switch

if ($test_level){
          switch (
    'true'){
            case (
    $cat_box_active_level[1] > $cat_depth): 
    I haven't tested this, and you may need something slightly different, but it will be similar. Let me know what happens.

You will want a define setting of '7|4|5' ; change the 4 and 5 if needed, but you must use the 7.
    Last edited by gjh42; 5 Feb 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Plugin Contributions

zubenubi - All of the styling you want should be possible. Post a link to see your site so I can advise.

Plugin Contributions

"Apart from hard-coding it in the tpl_categories.php, is there other way to have a group of links (around 10 manufacturer links) to show as a category sidebox without creating the folders in admin?"

You can code the links into a "heading" for a category or link in categories_dressing_defines.php, or hard-code them in tpl_categories.php.

You might be able to use the manufacturers sidebox, remove its heading, and make it stick tight to the bottom of the categories box so it looks continuous (all with CSS), or put the mfr links in the ez-page sidebox and do the same.