Page 119 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    "Apart from hard-coding it in the tpl_categories.php, is there other way to have a group of links (around 10 manufacturer links) to show as a category sidebox without creating the folders in admin?"

You can code the links into a "heading" for a category or link in categories_dressing_defines.php, or hard-code them in tpl_categories.php.

You might be able to use the manufacturers sidebox, remove its heading, and make it stick tight to the bottom of the categories box so it looks continuous (all with CSS), or put the mfr links in the ez-page sidebox and do the same.
    We wont be able to use the manufacturer sidebox as we have over 50 manufacturers and we are only picking the top 10 most popular to show on a sidebox.

Im not sure how to code the links into a heading in categories_dressing_defines.php. Could you please give me an example. I thought all the headings are just static. Below is what we have in the categories_dressing_defines.php

define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_309','1|0|||Popular Phone Brands|1||');
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_19','1|0|||Popular Series|1||');

Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

The headings will be output as HTML, so you can code a link into a heading text section.
    PHP Code:
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_23','1|0|||<a href="your desired address1">Manufacturer 1</a>|2|<a href="your desired address2">Manufacturer 2</a>|2|<a href="your desired address3">Manufacturer 3</a>|2'); 
    All of these links will appear above category 23, and can be styled using .catBoxHeading2 {} and .catBoxHeading2 a {}.
    For internal links, use href="index.php?main_page=whatever&manufacturerId=whatever", or however the URL looks when you are on the desired page.

Plugin Contributions

Hello there,
    Greeings!!

I have installed Categories Dressing to show the subcategories always in the sidebox. I used 'CAT_ACTIVE_LEVEL' to show the categories and subctegories at level one. Problem is with it hides the 2nd level subcategory. I don't want to hide it.

Instead

I need to always show master categories and subactegory level 1 and by click on subactegory1 it shows me subcategories at level 2 in the sidebox.

It doesn't meant to hide the level 2 subcategories. i need to show 2 level categories on the click of its parent category.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Hope u understand my need to complete this and help me.

hope to see the response soon,
    Many Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

You will want the define to read

define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', '4|0|1');

This will use case 4 to show the active tree, active branches only, and others per level (0|1 = top and first sub).

Note: if this doesn't work correctly, let me know and post a link to see your site. I am working from the as yet unreleased v2.8 copy of the file, and might have changed something relevant from the latest released version.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Glenn, thanks for replying, Unfortunately I'm doing this all on my laptop so I can't give you a link.

I'll attach my css files if your game for taking a look but at least I know that it is possible! So I'll keep plugging away.

Really cant think what the problem is i dont think i've done anything weird, I'm sure I'm not missing semicolons or anything, I can change other variables of a group but just not margin, padding or anything to do with background.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    The headings will be output as HTML, so you can code a link into a heading text section.
    PHP Code:
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_23','1|0|||<a href="your desired address1">Manufacturer 1</a>|2|<a href="your desired address2">Manufacturer 2</a>|2|<a href="your desired address3">Manufacturer 3</a>|2'); 
    All of these links will appear above category 23, and can be styled using .catBoxHeading2 {} and .catBoxHeading2 a {}.
    For internal links, use href="index.php?main_page=whatever&manufacturerId=whatever", or however the URL looks when you are on the desired page.
    Thanks for the reply.
    The code above works but I can't seem to get it where I want it to be. I need these group of links between "Top Phone Brands" and "Popular Series" category groups and need this to have a heading as well. Link to the site is www.playnippon.com

Plugin Contributions

That is doable.
    Add another heading "|Manufacturers|1|" in front of the manufacturers list "headings" described above, and put the whole series in front of the existing heading for category 19 (Ah My Goddess).
    PHP Code:
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_19','1|0|||Manufacturers|1|<a href="...' 

Plugin Contributions

When I add the above code, the Manufacturers heading appears but the "Popular Series" heading disappears because it is being replaced by the links. Below is what we have in the file.

define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_19','1|0|||Manufacturers|1|<a href="your desired address1">Manufacturer 1</a>|2|<a href="your desired address2">Manufacturer 2</a>|2|<a href="your desired address3">Manufacturer 3</a>|2');
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_309','1|0|||Top Phone Brands|1||');
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_19','1|0|||Popular Series|1||');

Plugin Contributions

You need to merge the two defines for category 19.
    PHP Code:
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_19','1|0|||Manufacturers|1|<a href="your desired address1">Manufacturer 1</a>|2|<a href="your desired address2">Manufacturer 2</a>|2|<a href="your desired address3">Manufacturer 3</a>|2|Popular Series|1||'); 
    Sorry if that wasn't clear. A constant can only be defined once, and any additional defines will be ignored.

Plugin Contributions

That did it!!! Thanks so much!!!
    Appreciate the help!!!