Page 124 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Kinvart - There are two things to modify. I should have shown in the example that you need to use stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.css (you would best delete stylesheet_categories_dressing.css to avoid confusion), and replace #categories with #chcategories in the examples.

The classnames after you do the "special" mod will be different than I showed, because I was working from the next unreleased version of Cat Dressing which uses slightly different methods. Your top categories now have class names like .cat-category-moski, so you want the stylesheet to reflect this.
    Code:
    /*example for custom individual category styling*/
    #chcategories li.cat-category-moski a {
        background-image: url(../images/moski_bg.gif);
        background-repeat: none;
        padding: 2px 0 2px 23px;
        }

#chcategories li.cat-category-otroski a {
        }

/*example for custom category group styling*/
    ul#catGroup9 { /*moski*/
        background-color: #bbeeff; 
        }

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Kinvart - There are two things to modify. I should have shown in the example that you need to use stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.css (you would best delete stylesheet_categories_dressing.css to avoid confusion), and replace #categories with #chcategories in the examples.

The classnames after you do the "special" mod will be different than I showed, because I was working from the next unreleased version of Cat Dressing which uses slightly different methods. Your top categories now have class names like .cat-category-moski, so you want the stylesheet to reflect this.
    Code:
    /*example for custom individual category styling*/
    #chcategories li.cat-category-moski a {
        }

#chcategories li.cat-category-otroski a {
        }

/*example for custom category group styling*/
    ul#catGroup9 { /*moski*/
        background-color: #bbeeff; 
        }
    Dude, you rock :) thank you very much for the help so far!

Now, i've used search but had no luck finding what i need... As you can see now (www.elegance.si/store), everything is margined to the right. How can i "turn off" the "sandy colored border" on the left side and stretch the menu trough whole width of the chcategries box?

the second question: How do i make categories (zenski cevlji, moski celvji,...) other color (or use background image on them) then sub categories (elegant, casual,...)

the third question: Why doesn't it show background, even though it's set in stylesheet? you have set p.e. moski_bg.gif, witch is placed in a right folder (http://elegance.si/store/images/moski_bg.gif), but it wouldn't show.

Even by now i do owe you a beer or two, thank you

Plugin Contributions

adi - Here is a new case 7 that should give the fourth level subcats only when at the fourth level.
    PHP Code:
          case 7:// active subtree, active branches only, only 1st & 4th level - treat first subcat like top - customized 20100205 for madijelovi

if($cPath_top != $path_top){//only 1 top cat's subs

$skip_cat 1;
              break;
            }
            if(
    $cat_depth == 1){//show all first level  subs

break;
            }
            if(
    $cat_depth == and substr_count($_GET['cPath'],'_') == 4){//check 4th level for active parent, only for $cPath depth 4

$path_ids explode('_',$path);

$path_parent $path_ids[count($path_ids)-2];
              if (
    in_array($path_parent,explode('_',$_GET['cPath']))) break;//show only subcats w parent in $cPath

}

$skip_cat 1;//skip all others

break; 

Glenn, as I a mentioned your code still works great but I am having some problems with showing classic categories sidebox on right side of page (right column) in Internet expolorer(IE).. For example: categories sidebox on the right side is showing exactly as it should in Firefox, Google chrome, Safari and Opera except in IE. I am not sure if I explained it correctly so I uploaded two screenshots so you could see whats the problem:

Website in Firefox
    Website in Internet explorer

You will notice that in IE, categories box is not showing just spare part types (4th level subcat.) - it is also showing Car brands (1th subceg. level) which shouldnt be visible in right categ.sidebox. Also, I forgot mention that in IE right classic categories sidebox is showing all the time (not just exclusively on 4th subcategorie level). However, this is not problem for me because I always use Firefox, but my client says that there are many customers who use IE and thats problem
    Hope you can help me with this one
    Last edited by adi2009; 24 Feb 2010 at 07:08 PM.

Plugin Contributions

IE6 doesn't understand the CSS standard for child selectors (>) which indicate the direct child of the previous element.
    Thus, this will not work for IE6:
    Code:
    #categoriesContent>ul>li>ul>li>a  {/*hide only first level subcategories - right box*/
        display: none;
        }
    If people have old computers (like me), they may be stuck with IE6 and not able to use modern versions of IE.
    (They could still use a real browser like Firefox if they wanted to:)

There should be an IE-only hack that will do it - I will see what I can come up with. Perhaps
    Code:
    * html #categoriesContent ul ul a {/*hide only first level subcategories - right box -IE6 hack*/
        }

* html #categoriesContent ul ul ul a {/*show deeper subcategories - right box -IE6 hack*/
        display: list-item;
        }

Plugin Contributions

"witch is placed in a right folder (http://elegance.si/store/images/moski_bg.gif), but it wouldn't show."

That is not the right folder for template images.
    Put them in /includes/templates/your_template/images/.

Plugin Contributions

"witch is placed in a right folder (http://elegance.si/store/images/moski_bg.gif), but it wouldn't show."

That is not the right folder for template images.
    Put them in /includes/templates/your_template/images/.
    I've figured out the thing with the images, but still can't get other two things to work...

Plugin Contributions

IE6 doesn't understand the CSS standard for child selectors (>) which indicate the direct child of the previous element.
    Thus, this will not work for IE6:
    Code:
    #categoriesContent>ul>li>ul>li>a  {/*hide only first level subcategories - right box*/
        }
    If people have old computers (like me), they may be stuck with IE6 and not able to use modern versions of IE.
    (They could still use a real browser like Firefox if they wanted to:)

There should be an IE-only hack that will do it - I will see what I can come up with. Perhaps
    Code:
    * html #categoriesContent ul ul a {/*hide only first level subcategories - right box -IE6 hack*/
        }

* html #categoriesContent ul ul ul a {/*show deeper subcategories - right box -IE6 hack*/
        display: list-item;
        }
    thank you for promt reply, truly appreciate it.

I just tryed code you suggested on my IE v 6.0 and its working but problem is that brands are not visible now on right sidebox but there is still empty space like they are still there, not sure why.. To show exactly how it looks like now here's new screenshot

Plugin Contributions

So the <a> elements are being hidden, but the <li> presumably are still taking up space... The trouble with hiding upper level li is that the lower level elements are part of an upper li. It may be possible to do this with catGroup ids... I've forgotten the link to your site, and I can't test anything without that.

Plugin Contributions

Kinvart - I looked at your site, and there are several strange things happening that I can't understand without seeing the code that makes them happen. If you post the section of tpl_categories.php where you added special categories, and your categories_dressing_defines.php, I may be able to figure it out.

Plugin Contributions

So the <a> elements are being hidden, but the <li> presumably are still taking up space... The trouble with hiding upper level li is that the lower level elements are part of an upper li. It may be possible to do this with catGroup ids... I've forgotten the link to your site, and I can't test anything without that.
    I have just send you website link on pm