Page 147 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Ok, well I was playing around with the mod and not sure if I did things right. You mentioned for me to do: Category Links Display: block; but where do I place that code? and where would I find that <br /> that you mentioned needs to be removed?

Also, I did manage to get some lines between my links but not sure if i did it correctly. I cannot remove the Major and Minor Headings unless I remove the "3" from "define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_3','0|0|||Major Heading|1|Navigation|2');//new list - text headings - multiple levels - styles 1 & 2" in the "categories_dressing_defines.php" file.

If I do this, then the first category link doesn't format right and I am not sure why. The link is pushed to the left out of line with the rest and there is no line under it...

Also, I want to have all my categories and underlines to be the same width as my sidebox 150px but I cannot figure out how to increase the width and have everything fit inside the sidebox.

FYI, I removed the Category 3 Sample image by changing the name of the image, and removed the bullets from the left side of the category links by removing the code and changing to "none" in the stylesheet, is this correct? my site is in the above post.

Plugin Contributions

Since you have gotten the settings you need for the look you want already, you can ignore the part about display: block; and <br /> - they are taken care of in the underlying code of Cat Dressing.

You only need the define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_3' statement if you want a unique heading or other style for that category (which is category 3, the top one in your sidebox).

As you have found, making the dividers etc. stretch to the full width of the sidebox is not a matter of increasing the divider's width, but of removing margins/padding on the element and its container.

Deleting or renaming the demo images and using list-style: none; are the correct ways of eliminating those features.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Since you have gotten the settings you need for the look you want already, you can ignore the part about display: block; and <br /> - they are taken care of in the underlying code of Cat Dressing.

You only need the define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_3' statement if you want a unique heading or other style for that category (which is category 3, the top one in your sidebox).

As you have found, making the dividers etc. stretch to the full width of the sidebox is not a matter of increasing the divider's width, but of removing margins/padding on the element and its container.

Deleting or renaming the demo images and using list-style: none; are the correct ways of eliminating those features.
    Hi Glen,

I would like to try and use the display: Block; and remove the <br /> as I would like to see if it give my menu a more unified look. Can you tell me how to do this? Also, is there a way to have my "information" menu mimic the style of my new categories menu?

Also, can you please explain to me which files I would I would need to edit to make changes? other than CSS, Defines
    Last edited by AirsoftOutfitter; 27 Aug 2010 at 04:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Glen,

How do I remove the CSS Markers from the sub-cats? List-style: none; doesn't seem to be working.
    My client wants no bullets, no markers, no nothing but the product list.

By the way.........working with the ch style.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind Glen, I got it. It was the setting in Admin>Configuration>Layout Settings. I saw that in the "readme" 15 seconds after my post.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Yep, as you noticed, the standard markers are not CSS at all, but actual text output inserted into the sidebox content, and can be turned off in admin.

AirsoftOutfitter - I was away for the weekend; it appears that you have solved the information box styling question already. There is nothing you need to do with display: block; or <br /> tags, unless you want to scrap the Categories Dressing mod completely and recreate the styling yourself.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    tcjay - Just delete the demo image catimg3.gif from /includes/templates/your_template/buttons/english/.

Gomlers - You want to use the chcategories option as described in the readme, and set the define to show top and first-level subcats, plus the active sub-subcat branches. This will be

define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', '4|0|1');

* The "active" field controls whether categories outside the current active tree will display: 0=all tops/1=full active tree only/2=active tree only (all tops when no cat selected)/3=full active tree, others limited per level controls/4=like 3, active branches only/5=like 1, no tops.
    * The "highest_level" field controls whether top categories will display: 0=all levels/1=no topcats/etc.
    * The "deepest_level" field controls whether subcategories will display: 1=only first subcats/2=first & second subcats/.../9=all levels down to 9.
    Late answer, sorry about that - but WHeeeyy! It did work like a charm! Thanks a lot!

This is one of the greatest mod's I've ever stumbled upon when it comes to zencart-addons!

Although I can see that I should know a thing or two more about CSS than I do..

When my subcats is open to show products, I want to style the active link, so that it differs from when a top-cat is open to products.

Illustration:
    1. Top cat -> active to show products
    2. Top cat
    3. ---Sub Cat
    4. ---Sub Cat -> active to show products

Both no. 1 and no. 4 shows products when clicked on, but I want to style no. 4 different from the no. 1 above.

Is this possible?

Plugin Contributions

This rule in the stylesheet can be copied and modified to cover subcats open to products:
    Code:
    /*change  bullet when a category w/o bg image is open to products:*/
    #categories li a.cat-selected-text {
        list-style: square inside url(../images/bullet3.gif);/*change to list-style: none; to remove bullet*/
        }
    Code:
    /*change  bullet when a subcategory w/o bg image is open to products:*/
    #categories li li a.cat-selected-text {
        list-style: square inside url(../images/bullet3.gif);/*change to list-style: none; to remove bullet ---- or whatever styling you want*/
        }

Plugin Contributions

I think I actually found the answer myself!?

I made a new class in my css-file, looking like this:

#categories li li a.cat-selected-text {
    background: none;
    color:#0084C9;
    font-weight:bold;
    padding-top:2px;
    }

Edit: Whoops, got there before med Glenn ;)
    - Didn't see that, but there I go - I did the right change :)
    Thank you again!

Plugin Contributions

Good for you, to find the answer yourself!