Page 148 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2267

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Hi Glenn,

I've been playing around with your mod, and I seem to have hit a stumbling block. I'm working with the css to try and make the category links as images, but I'm having problems with the images not showing up.

When I edit the #categories ul a { part of the css, the edits work and are applied, but I'm not trying to use the same image for each file. When I try to specify each category heading using the readme file text nothing happens and the links go back to plain text with no sizing. I don't have subcategories, just top level categories.

As far as I can tell, I've named all of the image files correctly and have edited the css files to tell it that each category has a different image, and I even think I've got all the files in the right place!!

I'm kind of stumped at this point. I've tried searching through this thread but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Can you point me in the right direction??

you can check out my test site at www frozenrosedesign com/testshop (don't want it indexed yet sorry!)

thanks in advance for any help! I'm sure it's something ridiculously simple that I'm just not seeing...

Tiffany
    Tiffany Rose
    Frozen Rose Design

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I just found the Categories Dressing v2.7.3 which answeared one of my previous questions if you could always show categories and products without collapsing the products under each category. I just done get what files have to be edited in the readme file, and how to do it, im worried if i upload it, it may much up my site thats taken so long for me to get to where i am.

Can anyone help

Plugin Contributions

Gian - I answered in your other post with a suggestion of a mod to use for your situation. The Uncollapsed Categories Tree in Categories Dressing will not show products at all, though you will have precise control over the categories that show.

misticloudz - Are you trying to have a background image replace each category name, and change on hover? I see that your stylesheet calls for .png image files; have you changed all instances of .gif to .png in the PHP files as well? V2.8 allows the image type to be set once in the define file, but v2.7.3 requires it to be changed manually in a number of places.

Hi Glenn,

No, I didn't change anything in the PHP files. I knew there must have been something I wasn't doing.

I will go and look and see if I can figure out where it NEEDS to be changed, and let you know if it works!!

Thanks so much for your help!
    Tiffany Rose
    Frozen Rose Design

Yep- that was the problem! thank you SO much for your help, I would have been at it for another 3 days trying to figure that out myself!!

Now I get to play around with it and make it look the way I want! :-D

You are a wonderful person!
    Tiffany Rose
    Frozen Rose Design

Hello again -

I have another quick question - I'm trying to get rid of the sidebox bottom on the category box now, as I discovered the other sideboxes did not display properly with what I had used to get rid of the backgrounds for the category box.

I've got this for the background itself, and it works fine:
    Code:
    #categoriesContent.sideBoxContent{
    	background: none;
    	padding-left: 0;
    	padding-right: 0;
    	padding-top: 0;
    }
    but when I try to disable the bottom with this:
    Code:
    #categoriesContent.sideBoxContentBottom{
    background: none;
    }
    (or any other variation I've tried so far), it doesn't do a thing. I can get rid of ALL the sidebox bottoms... but I don't want to do that. I can't figure out why the first selector worked and the second didn't! and here after I was thinking I had it down...

any suggestions?? I hate to bug you with such a simple question, but your help is very much appreciated!
    :-)
    Tiffany Rose
    Frozen Rose Design

Plugin Contributions

With no space between the id and the classname, each of those selectors refers to one element which has the class and the id. If #categoriesContent has the class .sideBoxContent, it most likely doesn't also have the class .sideBoxContentBottom.

What you have is a div .sideBoxContentBottom inside the #categories div:
    Code:
    #categories .sideBoxContentBottom {}

oh, I see... I didn't realize that it didn't have two. i'm still very new to css and coding, and pretty much only know enough to get myself in trouble...d:

I'm in the middle of trying to change the selected category image to a different one - found an explanation in the thread and I think it's going to go well! This is a great add-on, it's got a wide range of possibilities!!

thank you so much again for such a speedy reply, and such a great explanation! that will definitely help me with the rest of the work!
    Tiffany Rose
    Frozen Rose Design

Plugin Contributions

It's been an interesting balancing act developing this mod, adding all the features that different people/situations want while keeping it as simple as possible. It is definitely too complex for some people, but I can't separate out features into different mods except for the ch_categories. All I can do is give the clearest instructions for turning off unwanted features.

I definitely don't envy you... there are a lot of things that are explained in the readme, but unless you know what certain things mean, you don't really *know* what to do... I remember not knowing heads or tails of anything and trying to poke at the files until they did what I wanted

keeping things simple while still having all the functionality would definitely be a challenge! but you've done a great job, and you always try to help when people have problems with it. That says a lot.
    Tiffany Rose
    Frozen Rose Design