Page 15 of 227 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

My zen-cart store is open, secure socket layer in place and have had 35 sales so far .. whee, but I have a few niggling things that bug me and hope you can help.

1) When my text is too long in the categories column it moves down a line to the left .. anyway to get it to move to the right or center without having everything move? I have abbreviated but too much and it gets confusing as to WHAT I'm abbreviating.

2) On the categories page how can I get the text to move away from the category image? Right now it's right next without any spacing

3) How do I change the size of the popup window to match the image exactly? Right now there is a gap between the bottom of the image and the bottom of the popup window.

Beth-Katherine
    https://www.smockingbooks.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help.
    Now I ran into situation; please have a look:
    http://yhyonline.com/catalog/

Where could I have done wrong or where sould I change?
    Any ideas?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Please forget about my previous question.

Now I have a different question:

I tried to make the "MEN'S JEWELRY" a different background color. I named the style "category-mens" and here is my CSS:
    PHP Code:
    a.category-mens-text:hover {

background-color#000033;

color#ffffff;

margin0.2em 0  0 0.2em;

padding0.2em 0.3em;
        }

a.category-mens-text 

background-color#003366;

color#dddddd;

margin0.2em 0  0 0.2em;

padding0.2em 0.3em;
        } 
    On IE the square (list style) before "MEN'S JEWELRY" disappeared and on Safari all squares are gone. Where could the problem be?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Beth-katherine: None of your questions are related to Categories Dressing, but here goes:
    1) If the category markers were list-item elements, you could change list-style-position: from inside to outside. But you are using Better Categories, which places the markers as foreground images inline at the beginning of the category name text. There is one way to achieve what you want, by tricking the category name. Add this to your stylesheet:

.betterCategories a.category-top { text-indent: -1.8em; padding-left: 1.6em;}

This will move the beginning of each text element to the left, and add padding to shift the whole thing back to the right.

2) For space above the listing image, add this to your stylesheet:

.listingProductImage { margin-top: 1.0em;}

Adjust to taste.

3) I found the file where this is set once a long time ago... best to post this question in a more appropriate place where those who know may see it. If I can, I'll try to answer the question there.

Plugin Contributions

e81ny: First, you have a hanging comma after a.category-links which invalidates the entire list-item declaration:
    Code:
    /* bullet for top categories & links:*/
    a.category-top-text .category-not-selected, a.category-top-text .category-subs-selected, #categories a.category-links, {
        display: list-item;
        list-style: square inside ;
        }
    Second, you need to include your individual category name in the list:
    Code:
    /* bullet for top categories & links:*/
    a.category-top-text .category-not-selected, a.category-top-text .category-subs-selected, #categories a.category-links, a.category-mens-text .category-not-selected, a.category-mens-text .category-subs-selected {
        display: list-item;
        list-style: square inside ;
        }

Plugin Contributions

3) I found the file where this is set once a long time ago... best to post this question in a more appropriate place where those who know may see it. If I can, I'll try to answer the question there.
    Thank you so much for answering my questions, I will work on implementing them. I don't know why I keep asking my questions in the wrong spot but I've tried to get answers elsewhere with no luck.

Thanks again,

Beth-Katherine

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I am having a hard time adding multiple non-link headings. My first heading shows up fine, but the other one does not. Below is the code i modified!

Your help is appreciated!

Thank you!

// categories dressing - add (divider and) heading above a cat
    switch ($current_path) {
    case '168': //replace number with your desired cPath
    //$content .= '<hr class="catBoxDivider" />' . "\n"; // to add divider uncomment this line
    $content .= '<span class="catBoxHeading1">' . (file_exists(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . 'cathead' . $current_path . '.gif') ? zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . 'cathead' . $current_path . '.gif') . '</span>':'Heading 1</span>' . $disp_block_head) . "\n";
    break;
    }

// categories dressing - add (divider and) heading above a cat
    switch ($current_path) {
    case '139': //replace number with your desired cPath
    //$content .= '<hr class="catBoxDivider" />' . "\n"; // to add divider uncomment this line
    $content .= '<span class="catBoxHeading1">' . (file_exists(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . 'cathead' . $current_path . '.gif') ? zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . 'cathead' . $current_path . '.gif') . '</span>':'Heading 1</span>' . $disp_block_head) . "\n";
    break;
    }

Plugin Contributions

You do not duplicate the entire switch statement; you duplicate the "case ... break" section of the statement for each case you have:
    PHP Code:
    // categories dressing - add (divider and) heading above a cat
    switch ($current_path) {
    case 
    '168'//replace number with your desired cPath
    //$content .= '<hr class="catBoxDivider" />' . "\n"; // to add divider uncomment this line
    $content .= '<span class="catBoxHeading1">' . (file_exists(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') ? zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') . '</span>':'Heading 1</span>' $disp_block_head) . "\n";
    break;

case 
    '139'//replace number with your desired cPath
    //$content .= '<hr class="catBoxDivider" />' . "\n"; // to add divider uncomment this line
    $content .= '<span class="catBoxHeading1">' . (file_exists(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') ? zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') . '</span>':'Heading 2</span>' $disp_block_head) . "\n";
    break;

Last edited by gjh42; 1 Feb 2008 at 08:24 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You do not duplicate the entire switch statement; you duplicate the "case ... break" section of the statement for each case you have:
    PHP Code:
    // categories dressing - add (divider and) heading above a cat
    switch ($current_path) {
    case 
    '168'//replace number with your desired cPath
    $content .= '<span class="catBoxHeading1">' . (file_exists(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') ? zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') . '</span>':'Heading 1</span>' $disp_block_head) . "\n";
    break;

case 
    '139'//replace number with your desired cPath
    $content .= '<span class="catBoxHeading1">' . (file_exists(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') ? zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') . '</span>':'Heading 2</span>' $disp_block_head) . "\n";
    break;

THanks! works perfectly!

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out how to get my sidebox menu looking like this.

*see attached image

Can I get a nudge in the right direction? I just need to know what to edit and where & in what file.

I have the Categories Dressing Mod installed, that's it.

Thanks in Advance!
    Len
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lmw1; 7 Feb 2008 at 10:22 PM.