Page 158 of 227 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Code:
    You need to have an engine size/year or whatever subcat level for Kia, even if there is only one choice in it.
    KIA : CEED : 2000-2010 : 1. Dijelovi...
    You are right Glenn, problem is that in in articles like KIA engine size/year is missing and that's why right sidebox wasn't visible. What I will do is to keep inserting data as always without skiping level(s) so fortunately there will be no need for additional coding.

Thanks a lot man
    MY Website
    The best of the best: Zen Cart

Plugin Contributions

Hi Glen,

It's me again...any luck on the drop down mod? It's the last piece of my puzzle.

Plugin Contributions

I have spent hours trying to figure out this module but I have finally reached the point where I am looking for assistance.

Because I have so many categories that change, I would prefer to have a standard background image and overlay the text on top. I think that it is possible. I just can't seem to figure it out. I do not think that I need to use the extra definitions file for what I am trying to accomplish.

I think I just want to use css. This is what I am using

#categories li a {
    background-image: url(../buttons/english/catbg1.gif);
    height: 30px;
    }

#categories li a.catbg1 {
    background-image: url(../buttons/english/catbg1.gif);
    height: 30px;
    }

#categories ul {/*top category lists*/
    list-style: none;
    background: none;
    border: none;
    margin: 0 0 0.4em 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

#categories ul ul {/*subcategory lists*/
    list-style: none;
    background: #ffeecc;
    border: none;
    margin: 0 0 0.4em 0;
    padding: 0 0 0 1.3em;
    }

Any help would be appreciated.

This is the website. http://www.stitchboutiqueboston.com

Plugin Contributions

Yes, if you want standard backgrounds for each type of category rather than a unique one for each category (and you don't need to use text images for fancy fonts), CSS is all you need.

#categories li a {
    background-image: url(../buttons/english/catbg-top.gif);

will give a standard bg for all categories - you can call the bg image anything you want, but do not use the "official" catbg#.gif or else that category # will have its text replaced with the bg image.

If you then want a different bg, or no bg image, gor subcats, you need to specify

#categories li li a {
    background-image: url(../buttons/english/catbg-sub.gif);
    or
    background-image: none;

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I have seen a hand full of zen cart sites over the past few months with a specific layout which I have been trying to recreate but with no success.

Basically, I have 5 top level categories but each has 20+ sub categories. What I want to achieve is to have the top level categories displayed at the top of my site using Zen Cart's built-in feature. When one of those top level categories is selected, Only the sub categories for the selected top level catergory is shown down the left hand side.

E.G i have
    CAT1 CAT2 CAT3 CAT4 CAT5

SUBCAT2
    SUBCAT2
    SUBCAT2
    SUBCAT2
    etc

I have tried using Category Dressing but I am unable to get this to work. Either I need to look into using a different method or need help in setting up Category Dressing properly.

All help is welcome, at the moment i am just playing via LAMP set up, but it is something I want to learn how to crack and implement on a live site.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

First off, the relevant sections from the v2.7.3 readme:
    ---
    The category display-limiting define takes this form:

define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', 'active|highest_level|deepest_level');

* The "active" field controls whether categories outside the current active tree will display: 0=all tops/1=full active tree only/2=active tree only (all tops when no cat selected)/3=full active tree, others limited per level controls/4=like 3, active branches only/5=like 1, no tops.
    * The "highest_level" field controls whether top categories will display: 0=all levels/1=no topcats/etc.
    * The "deepest_level" field controls whether subcategories will display: 1=only first subcats/2=first & second subcats/.../9=all levels down to 9.
    ---
    To hide certain kinds of categories, like inactive, top or subs:

define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', '0|1|9');//hide top cats
    or
    define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', '1|0|1');//show only active cats, to first subcat level

Adjust the "active", "highest_level" and "deepest_level" field settings as shown above to display only the active top category and its subs, hide top cats, hide sub-subcats, or any combination.
    Note that this can include "expanded categories" functionality, if the Uncollapsed Categories Tree mod in this package is installed.

Only uncomment and set this define if you want to hide cats based on active tree or level.
    ---

Since you would only want the current topcat's subs to show, you may be able to get your result with just this setting.

If you want all of the current top cat's subs to show whether in the current path or not, you will need to use the chcategories option. Install the chcategories folder and make changes as described in the readme for that.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info. One last question. How do I move the text> I have the background image but would like to center the text.

TIA Tom

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Yes, if you want standard backgrounds for each type of category rather than a unique one for each category (and you don't need to use text images for fancy fonts), CSS is all you need.

#categories li a {

will give a standard bg for all categories - you can call the bg image anything you want, but do not use the "official" catbg#.gif or else that category # will have its text replaced with the bg image.

If you then want a different bg, or no bg image, gor subcats, you need to specify

#categories li li a {
    background-image: url(../buttons/english/catbg-sub.gif);
    or
    background-image: none;

Plugin Contributions

Add to the rule

#categories li a {
    text-align: center;

Plugin Contributions

Hi, sorry for being an idiot. I followed your instructions properly and got the desired effect!.. thank you for creating such an fantastic navigation zen cart app

First off, the relevant sections from the v2.7.3 readme:
    ---
    The category display-limiting define takes this form:

define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', 'active|highest_level|deepest_level');

* The "active" field controls whether categories outside the current active tree will display: 0=all tops/1=full active tree only/2=active tree only (all tops when no cat selected)/3=full active tree, others limited per level controls/4=like 3, active branches only/5=like 1, no tops.
    * The "highest_level" field controls whether top categories will display: 0=all levels/1=no topcats/etc.
    * The "deepest_level" field controls whether subcategories will display: 1=only first subcats/2=first & second subcats/.../9=all levels down to 9.
    ---
    To hide certain kinds of categories, like inactive, top or subs:

define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', '0|1|9');//hide top cats
    or
    define('CAT_BOX_ACTIVE_LEVEL', '1|0|1');//show only active cats, to first subcat level

Adjust the "active", "highest_level" and "deepest_level" field settings as shown above to display only the active top category and its subs, hide top cats, hide sub-subcats, or any combination.
    Note that this can include "expanded categories" functionality, if the Uncollapsed Categories Tree mod in this package is installed.

Only uncomment and set this define if you want to hide cats based on active tree or level.
    ---

Since you would only want the current topcat's subs to show, you may be able to get your result with just this setting.

If you want all of the current top cat's subs to show whether in the current path or not, you will need to use the chcategories option. Install the chcategories folder and make changes as described in the readme for that.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Categories Dressing

Add to the rule

#categories li a {
    text-align: center;
    Thanks for your reply. I should have been more specific in my original questions. The text appears over the image but I can not seem to align the text vertically to center it in the middle of the height of the image.

TIA TOM

www.stitchboutiqueboston.com
    Last edited by tcjay; 28 Dec 2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: add website