Page 199 of 227 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Use padding instead of margin to get the text moved in from the edge of the background.
    This did what I wanted as far as the image and text goes, but now that category is larger than the others. I wish negative padding would be allowed!

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    limelites - I see the effect you describe, but am away from home and have no diagnostic tools available right now. I'll see if there is anything I can find out when I get home. Unfortunately the nice Firefox tools are not relevant to IE display quirks...
    Thanks Glen and a happy new year to you

This IE issue wasn't there previously. I had someone fix all the validation errors on our homepage (for SEO purposes) and now there are 0 errors, 0 warnings. However, it seems to have caused this IE anomaly. I can't seem to see what's causing it so I would really appreciate if you can look at it when you get back. Until then, enjoy the rest of your break.

Plugin Contributions

too many page to search all by hand and the search option retured no results so here is my question.
    I want to make my sideboxes (like the category sidebox) show up with a colored box (table) for each categories listed (like the sidebox header that says categories in in a colored box with the word 'categories' displayed inside) I want each of my categories like this with a hover effect also that would change the color of the box when the cursor is over it. now
    can i do this?

Plugin Contributions

This is a basic function of Categories Dressing. It is explained in the readme packaged with the mod files.

jenchord - You have a couple of unnecessary style classes active, and some syntax errors and incorrect/redundant rules in your stylesheet which combine to cause several issues. I don't have my regular diagnostic tools available now to unravel what is actually causing which issues; I can take another look when I get home tomorrow.

Plugin Contributions

so with category dressing i can ad an image (not just a colored box but an image from my image file) behind each of the links in my side box, will this work with all my sidboxes or just the category sidebox?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

sorry for the question in 2 places but I was not sure this was the right thread, i figured it was old and no one was looking. in the other thread you answered this question anyway. i am still working with the stylesheet in css but to no avail. i will keep an eye on the other thread and keep plugging away.
    this is my stylesheet.css

https://www.airtightsecurityplus.com...tylesheet1.css

thanks
    Last edited by slater555; 3 Jan 2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: error

Plugin Contributions

For Categories Dressing, see the sections in the readme titled "To display all top categories as colored boxes:" and "For a "rollover" effect to change the appearance on hovering:".

Change the background: no-repeat; declaration to something like background: url(../images/mycatbg.gif) no-repeat;
    and adjust the background: #ddeeff url(../images/catbghover.gif); to whatever you desire.

Plugin Contributions

not much help, could be more specific, there are too many places that start with 'background: ... and i have been messing with them for 3 days now with no luck. and I have not found a mod that would do it yet, only 'categories dressing' and that says it is only for the categories not all sideboxes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by slater555 View Post
    not much help, could be more specific, there are too many places that start with 'background: ... and i have been messing with them for 3 days now with no luck. and I have not found a mod that would do it yet, only 'categories dressing' and that says it is only for the categories not all sideboxes.
    I think Glen's talking about your stylesheet_categories_dressing file. Look at the declaration, " #chcategories ul a "

Plugin Contributions

You do need to install Categories Dressing before you can use the advice above.
    For Categories Dressing, see the sections in the readme titled...
    If you do look in the readme, you will find this spelled out in detail.

You will not find a mod that will put buttons behind all of your sidebox links; all you need for sideboxes that use <ul> or similar lists are a few stylesheet rules. All of your current sideboxes do fall under that description, so adding rules like

.sideBoxContent li {background: url(../images/mycatbg.gif) no-repeat;}
    .sideBoxContent li:hover {background: url(../images/mycatbghover.gif);}

should help you.
    Last edited by gjh42; 3 Jan 2012 at 11:29 PM.