Page 219 of 227 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Yes, you could have a linked heading that displays instead of the rest of the categories box for certain ez-pages, requiring only stylesheet work. It would take a bunch of hands-on fiddling to get it right, but not a horrendous job.

I would probably need to look at the site live to understand what is not working with the flyouts. Seeing your defines would also help. I suspect the flyouts may depend somehow on parents that are hidden, so cannot be hovered on to get the lower levels, or maybe have different identifiers than you would expect so your CSS is not catching them. Not sure until I see it in action...

Maybe the easiest way around your five-word category name display is to make an image of the text laid out exactly as you want, and use the standard feature to replace the text with that. It would have an alt/title tag of the actual name, so would still be SE/screenreader accessible.
    Last edited by gjh42; 13 Feb 2013 at 09:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Glenn, thanks for the VERY fast response time, you're the best!

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Yes, you could have a linked heading that displays instead of the rest of the categories box for certain ez-pages, requiring only stylesheet work. It would take a bunch of hands-on fiddling to get it right, but not a horrendous job.
    Does it make any difference whether I shut off the category display in CSS using the ZC built-in .category ID or the CD #chcategories class? Are you suggesting the linked heading be a CD defined heading or are you referring to using the facilities of ZC and shutting off the category (or chcategory in my case) sidebox for my selected EZpages? Just trying to make sure I understand what you meant..

I would probably need to look at the site live to understand what is not working with the flyouts. Seeing your defines would also help. I suspect the flyouts may depend somehow on parents that are hidden, so cannot be hovered on to get the lower levels, or maybe have different identifiers than you would expect so your CSS is not catching them. Not sure until I see it in action...
    Sorry, Glenn, I'm a pretty long way from getting anything up on a server you can actually look at (I'm developing on xampp). I could send you the css/defines/relevant generated HTML if you want; otherwise, this will probably have to just wait until some future time.

Maybe the easiest way around your five-word category name display is to make an image of the text laid out exactly as you want, and use the standard feature to replace the text with that. It would have an alt/title tag of the actual name, so would still be SE/screenreader accessible.
    That is another thing I wanted to try, as well as a variation of that for the center section issue where the image included the bottom three words and I just put the first two words into the database. To do what you are suggesting, I am already using the image and I would need to edit the image to include the formatted category title below it, but this is the only top cat which would be replaced by an image. Since I am using linked cats, how do I code the image itself to be the link and not have any of the category name show up... is it as simple as display: none in that category's css declaration or will that prevent the image from showing up as well? Sorry for the dumb question, obviously I could just try it and see what code it generates, but thought you might have some practical experience trying to make this part work.

Thanks for your amazing ongoing support with this plugin! Karen

Plugin Contributions

For the image substitution, just make the image you want for the category name, give the file the correct name as described in the readme, and it will automatically appear in place of the text, linked exactly as the text was. The heading set by the define is separate and will not be affected by this.

Are you suggesting the linked heading be a CD defined heading
    Yes, make the heading you want for this purpose. You may need to put it on a catGroup leading item to get a unique identifier for it... I would have to look that up as I haven't handled those elements recently. In any case, you would add a generic rule to hide this heading for all pages, and in the per-page stylesheet you would put rules that display this heading and hide all the rest of the sidebox elements. You can't just hide the whole sidebox or the heading would disappear too. That's about as specific as I can get without seeing your installation.

Plugin Contributions

I ended up merging what was the header image with the word1-word5 text formatted the way I wanted into a single background sprite. This way the image as well as the text is linkable, I just changed some background stuff and the text color for the hover version. I'm going to have to find another way to push it down from the previous category because I did have it in as padding, but that screwed up the sprite positioning. Thanks for walking me through this!

Plugin Contributions

OK this is driving me batty... er

I have managed to get the listing the way I want it -
    Top Category
    Subcategory
    Top Category
    Subcategory
    Top Category
    Subcategory
    etc.

That part works perfect and is exactly what I want and need.

But no matter what I do or what I change I cannot get the Top Category font to change.
    I have tried all the suggestions in the forums (Including the one by you Glen) and nothing works.

Here is the URL
    www.rsessentials.com

I want the Top Category Font to be much larger and a maroon color - when hovered a dk green .
    I want the sub-cats to be slightly bigger than it is now and the dk green - when hovered the maroon.

Should be simple I would think. Just a css change as everyone seems to suggest.

I really have tried everything and read the read-me of this plugin every word and have tried everything.
    I have other plugin's but nothing I could see that would bother this one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Dan
    Using version v1.5.7b

Plugin Contributions

edit the stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.css

You need to edit both of these below and add the font size to each one ...
    #chcategories ul {font-size: 14px;}
    #chcategories ul ul {font-size: 12px;}
    For color of the font ...
    Add this:
    Notice I used red, you will have to look up the code for dark green.
    #chcategories ul ul a {color: #FF0000;}
    Last edited by haredo; 8 May 2013 at 08:45 PM.
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

THANK YOU!
    I swear I DID THAT but it didn't work. Don't know what I did but I know enough about css to know that would work.
    Hmmmmm. Maybe I just thought I did. But Thanks! It worked!
    Using version v1.5.7b

Plugin Contributions

Yw, ty for posting back the solution worked for you ....
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

without this mod... how do you move categories into a parent category... sorry about writing it here but I can't figure out how to start a new thread.

Plugin Contributions

To start a new thread, click the Forum tab in the header, go to the appropriate subforum, and you will see a "Post New Thread" button.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forumdisplay...cts-Attributes

But before you start a new thread, search that forum for other threads on the same topic - there are many already:)