Page 220 of 227 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Hello Glenn,

Is there a way to have bullets in front of category names on only 3+ sub level categories?

Currently, I have categories and sub categories listed without bullets. I would like the ability for 3rd level categories and beyond to appear bulleted but I'm not sure if it's possible. Please let me know. Thank you!!

Plugin Contributions

Add a rule similar to the one that controls subcat bullets, but with another "li" in the selector:
    Code:
    #categories li li li a.cat-not-selected-text, #categories li li li a.cat-selected-text, #categories li li a.cat-parent-text {/*3rd level + subcategories*/
        list-style: disc inside;/*comment out display and list-style to remove bullet*/
        }
    This is an example and may not exactly match the selectors in your rule.
    Of course use whatever bullet or arrow style you want.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Add a rule similar to the one that controls subcat bullets, but with another "li" in the selector:
    Code:
    #categories li li li a.cat-not-selected-text, #categories li li li a.cat-selected-text, #categories li li a.cat-parent-text {/*3rd level + subcategories*/
        list-style: disc inside;/*comment out display and list-style to remove bullet*/
        }
    This is an example and may not exactly match the selectors in your rule.
    Of course use whatever bullet or arrow style you want.
    Thank you SO much. It worked! Seemed like something I should've tried a bit harder to figure out.

One last question, is there a way to hide the top category when the sub categories are displayed? Here's an example:

HEADER CATEGORY (SHOWN AT ALL TIMES)
    TOP CATEGORY (SHOWN AT ALL TIMES)
    SUB CATEGORY (HIDDEN UNLESS TOP CATEGORY IS SELECTED)

If there's a way to hide the upper levels it would be greatly appreciated. If it's complicated, don't bother, it's just for aesthetics. Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

is there a way to hide the top category when the sub categories are displayed?
    I'm afraid not. CSS can't alter the display of something based on what follows it, only on what precedes it.

It would be possible to write a new PHP case statement for the switch which determines what displays, but I would have to sit down and study it.
    Last edited by gjh42; 6 Jun 2013 at 03:05 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid not. CSS can't alter the display of something based on what follows it, only on what precedes it.

It would be possible to write a new PHP case statement for the switch which determines what displays, but I would have to sit down and study it.
    Okie dokie. No problem, it's great anyway! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I'm taking a quick look at this now. Wandering if you ever did implement this in one of your test? I'm looking to see if I can implement a way to not only hide any previous and top subcategories but also to only show categories that are immediate subcategories like the one's that show on the category pages no matter how many subcategories you go down. Im hoping you already dabbled with it or even implemented it, if not I'll continue to see if I can get it working in my spare time. Let me get the chance to say this the great work you've done is very appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

I was able to modify it for my needs. You actually posted part of a code I needed in 2011 that I was able to combine with your beta version which pretty much took care of it. Took only a few minutes. You saved me plenty of time. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

I cannot seem to figure out what I've done wrong, but I can't get any of the changes I make in the stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.css to take effect. I have the ch_categories.php turned on in my admin panel. The website link is shadesofmidnight.com. This is an established website that I'm attempting to change themes on. I know that this is compatible with the theme I'm using as I've just set up another site with that theme and this mod without a problem. I've even compared files between the two sites and can't seem to find what is different and why I'm running into this problem.

Plugin Contributions

Seeing it live may give me a clue to what is happening for you.
    Oops, just saw the address... I'll take a look.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you!