Page 49 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

It took a while to find it, but the problem is not with any of the Cat Dressing styles; you are missing a } on
    Code:
    .searchBoxContent {
            background-image: url(../images/searchbox_container.gif);
            image-repeat: no-repeat;
            padding: 0em 3.8em;
    Just put that in and you will see some changes to the page.
    Add a } after
    Code:
    #seShipTo {
    	padding: 0.2em;
    and you will see a whole lot more changes. The missing } causes everything below it in the stylesheet to be ignored.
    (The second one ended up below the cut & pasted Cat Dressing rules. You should delete it from there.)
    Last edited by gjh42; 1 Jan 2009 at 11:00 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Categories Dressing

You have created such a wonderfully customizable/flexible do-all for nearly everyone's needs. Congrats!

I just read through the last 20 pages of threads here and have read through the readme.html & the notes in the files and am now more confused then when I started.

www.liberty-flag.com

What I want to do (I Think) is relatively simple but as I said above, I am confused by all the flexibility.

Al I want is Top Level Categories to be unlinked (or linked) headers with background images, just like the original (and removed) "Categories" header.

The second level categories expanded/listed under the top level category headers.

I would like to play with exploding the sub level categories, but this mod should all but eliminate most of my 3rd level cats.

And all automatic, I don't want to have to edit the tpl_categories.php every time I add - change - or move sub-cats around.

Similar to attachment, Is this possible? Could you help me build it?
    Thanks
    JOhn ><>
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Plugin Contributions

Cat Dressing won't get separate boxes as you show (though there is a trick with images I just thought of that could give that appearance), but the rest of the layout is easy.
    Since Liberty Flag has a plain background, the image trick could work.

As for "automatic", there will always be a certain amount of individual attention needed. Since the headings are not actual category groups, but attached to the one category below the heading, you need to make sure that category stays the first in its group.

You will need to give each category a sort order. I suggest giving all flags sort orders of 1xx, flagpoles 5xx, street banners 10xx, etc. Be sure of the order you want the groups to display in, as it will be time-consuming to change that later. Skipping top numbers allows a group to be inserted later. Likewise, sort the categories in a group like x00, x05, x10, x15, etc.

Example:
    For Flagpoles, move all the subcats up to be top cats, and give them sort orders as desired. Make "Architectural Alum" sort order 500, and in tpl_categories.php, in the switch ($current_path) { section, add a new case block (say Architectural Alum are in cat id 420):
    PHP Code:
          switch ($current_path) {
          case 
    '23'//replace number with your desired cPath
            //$content .= '<hr class="catBoxDivider" />' . "\n";  // to add divider uncomment this line

$content .= '<span class="catBoxHeading1">' . (file_exists(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') ? zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') . '</span>':'Heading 1</span>' $disp_block_head) . "\n"
          break;
          case 
    '420'//replace number with your desired cPath 
            //$content .= '<hr class="catBoxDivider" />' . "\n";  // to add divider uncomment this line

$content .= '<span class="catBoxHeading1">' . (file_exists(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') ? zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES 'cathead' $current_path '.gif') . '</span>':'Architectural Alum</span>' $disp_block_head) . "\n"
          break;
          } 
    You would add to your stylesheet something like:

.catBoxHeading1 {background: #669900 url(../images/your_standard_cat_heading_bg.gif) no-repeat;}

or if you want to have a complete heading image with unusual text, name it cathead420.gif and save in your template's /images/ folder.
    Last edited by gjh42; 13 Jan 2009 at 11:44 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Glen, and everyone.

Could anyone please tell me why i'm getting a space under my categories in the category sidebox, i'm trying everything and nothing seems to get rid of it...?

I'm guessing there's a break too many in the sidebox.php but i can't find what to remove...?

www.toys-r-ok.com

Plugin Contributions

You don't appear to be using Cat Dressing, which already removes the <br /> that causes this.
    You have made the links display: block; and duplicated the breaks already in the code.

Look at Change Catagories Layout, post 8, for exactly where to remove the <br />.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply Glen.

I am indeed using categories dressing 2.2.

Now you mention it though i have all the files in my site, however i've just looked at the image for 'bullet1.gif' and its red triangle, and the image i have on the website is small green ciircle.

Do you think i did something wrong on installing?

I followed the link you provided but my code already has those breaks missing from it? no need to alter anything.

I also put 'display:block;' into the stylesheet and nothing?

When i installed the mod i simply followed the instructions, changed the file name to 'classic' as i have not changed this in my zen-cart and dragged it accross in core ftp. I am assuming this is correct? everything is there in the files, i'm now wondering if everything is in the right files.

Any ideas...?

Thanks for the help so far also.

Plugin Contributions

You don't have stylesheet_categories_dressing.css - did you copy the content of that into your main stylesheet? And your categories link classes are not what I would expect to see for a Cat Dressing text link setup. View source shows this
    HTML Code:
    <div id="categoriesContent" class="sideBoxContent">
    <a class="category-top" href="http://www.toys-r-ok.com/index.php?main_page=index&amp;cPath=1">Hardware</a><br />

<a class="category-top" href="
    Your template does not have the mod's tpl_categories.php active in it.

Check the actual locations of the files.

Plugin Contributions

The blue dot (same color as the text) shows that you have the links set as display: list-item;
    The dot is the default for a list item without a defined icon.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks anyway Glen, appreciated. However i can't install this at all. I just don't get it............i renamed the file and copied it over into core ftp and all the files are indeed there.

I also copied the tpl file over to where all the other tpl files are after the initial install did not work and i've copied the images and and css into the images and main css after the initial install did not work for them.

I'm obviously missing something do basic...? i have a fresh instal of the classic template and all i've done so far is remove borders and paddings as i like using images to do all the work.

Apart from that.......thats it, i've not changed anything with it.

Plugin Contributions

hi glenn

i try and try but is not working for me

i'm trying to replece a categorie name in my categories box with a image

i have categories dressing and in tpl_categories i have this

// categories dressing - category name mods
    $cat_name_display = $box_categories_array[$i]['name'];
    $cat_img_bg = '';
    // categories dressing - display image if exists for category name
    if (file_exists(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . 'catimg' . $current_path . '.gif')) {
    $cat_name_display = zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . 'catimg' . $current_path . '.gif');
    // categories dressing - display background image if exists for category name
    } elseif (file_exists(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . 'catbg' . $current_path . '.gif')) {
    $cat_name_display = '';
    $cat_img_bg = ' catBg' . $current_path;
    } else {
    $cat_img_bg = '-text';//append to main classname
    }
    $content .= '<a class="' . $new_style . $cat_img_bg . '" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';
    if ($box_categories_array[$i]['current']) {
    if ($box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat']) {
    $content .= '<span class="category-subs-parent">' . $cat_name_display . ($disp_block == '<br />'?'</span>':'');
    } else {
    $content .= '<span class="category-subs-selected">' . $cat_name_display . ($disp_block == '<br />'?'</span>':'');
    }
    } else {
    $content .= '<span class="category-not-selected">' . $cat_name_display . ($disp_block == '<br />'?'</span>':'');
    } // category name mods
    i put my images for test in /includes/templates/template_default/images with the names of catbg205_206.gif and catbg205_206hover.gif the categorie that i'm doing this test is main_page=index&cPath=205_206 i also add this to my css

#categories a {
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    display: block;
    }

a.catBg205_206 {
    background-image: url(../includes/templates/template_default/images/catbg205_206.gif);
    height: 30px;
    }

a.catBg205_206:hover {
    background-image: url(../includes/templates/template_default/images/catbg205_206hover.gif);
    }
    and nothing happend not changes at all

thank you