Plugin Contributions

Default error: MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_GEN_ERROR (10410 Invalid token)

Hi
    I have installed 1.3.7
    using PayPal express (patched to PPEC-137-patches-May10-07b) The error occured without this patch so I thought I would give the patch a try!

When I go through the checkout I get the error:
    MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_GEN_ERROR (10410 Invalid token)

the log file shows:
    $this->showPaymentPage NOT true, and NO custom page selected ... using SHIPPING as default
    =================================
    Jun-06-2007 08:31:31
    termEC-10
    Redirecting to checkout_shipping - Stack: checkout_shipping
    Message: MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_GEN_ERROR (10410 Invalid token)

PayPal IPN is On and points to ipn_main_handler.php on our site.

It appears to be returning back to the Delivery Information page, even if you go all the way though the cart and select Paypal express as the payment type on the last checkout page.

I get the same error if I select the Pay by PayPal Express button from the first Shopping cart page.

the phpinfo from admin shows:
    CURL support enabled
    CURL Information libcurl/7.10.5 OpenSSL/0.9.7b ipv6 zlib/1.1.4

IPN Checked all OK

The error occurs in paypalwpp.php:
    in the section for
    case 'GetExpressCheckoutDetails':

Any ideas where I should start to solve this problem?

Many thanks
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error: MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_GEN_ERROR (10410 Invalid token)

1. If you are seeing the MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_GEN_ERROR constant name showing in your logs or on-screen, then you're missing it from your language file /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php

2. The (10410 Invalid token) message is a result of data getting mangled when it comes back from PayPal.
    a. customer clicks express-checkout button.
    b. Zen Cart asks PayPal for a token via the SetExpressCheckout call
    c. Zen Cart redirects customer to PayPal site with token
    d. customer selects funding choice and returns to Zen Cart
    e. Zen Cart asks PayPal for relevant customer information by passing the token back in the GetExpressCheckoutDetails call.
    f. PayPal verifies the token and returns the data
    g. Zen Cart continues to order confirmation and then later captures the payment.

If it's happening during the GetExpressCheckoutDetails step as you suggested, then something went awry when the customer came back to your site ... either the token wasn't remembered properly or your server mangled the data during transmission. There are regex's in place to strip off some weird extra chars that some poorly-configured hosts sometimes add to the transmission stream. The details of the debug log for the GetExpressCheckoutDetails transaction could help determine that, esp by comparing the TOKEN to the one on the SetExpressCheckout log.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply (sorry I got tied up on another support call!)

Your right MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_GEN_ERROR is not defined in the language file ... I checked the language file in the downloaded zips for the 1.3.7 instalation and for the patch and it is missing from both ... I suppose this should report this as a bug.

The only place I could find in the code that referenced the variable was in \includes\modules\payment\paypalwpp.php in the case GetExpressCheckoutDetails hence my comment.

re-reading the log (sorry should have been in first post) I see it has:
    $this->showPaymentPage NOT true, and NO custom page selected ... using SHIPPING as default

I have IPN turned on (I copied the url from the admin / paypal express config screen for the site has real url not xxxx's):
    Instant Payment Notification (IPN) On
    Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: http://www.xxxx.co.uk/shop/ipn_main_handler.php

isnt that the showPaymentPage ?

Chris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisZ View Post
    Your right MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_GEN_ERROR is not defined in the language file ... I checked the language file in the downloaded zips for the 1.3.7 instalation and for the patch and it is missing from both ... I suppose this should report this as a bug.
    The define for that has existed in the paypalwpp language file since v1.3.7 was released, and is included in each patch release also.

It looks like this:
    define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_TEXT_GEN_ERROR', 'An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance.');

If you don't have it in your files, then they're incomplete or busted in some other way.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisZ View Post

re-reading the log (sorry should have been in first post) I see it has:

I have IPN turned on (I copied the url from the admin / paypal express config screen for the site has real url not xxxx's):
    Instant Payment Notification (IPN) On
    Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: http://www.xxxx.co.uk/shop/ipn_main_handler.php

isnt that the showPaymentPage ?
    No. $this->showPaymentPage is a boolean flag. There is no error indicated in that line of your debug log. It is an informational message only.

Your "token" problem is related to receiving or sending bad data to PayPal. Presumably this is a result of your having mismatched or non-standard Zen Cart-supplied files in use for your Express Checkout module.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Thanks for your assistance, and sorry for my missunderstanding of the usage of the constant name!

The problem is resolved ....I re-uploding the patch and re-entered the API Signature details ... something must have got fubared before, as you suggested.

Thanks again

Chris