Plugin Contributions

help question How do I make the Add to cart return to the same page?

Can someone please help me with this small issue.

I have disabled the 'show shopping cart after add to cart' and placed the shopping cart in a side box.

When I go into a category and click on the add to cart button, the item is added to the cart in the sidebox BUT I am directed to the product info page of the product purchased...NOT the same page I was just on.

If I go to NEW PRODUCTS and click 'BUY NOW' the item is added to the cart in the sidebox and I am returned to the same page. This is how I would like the add to cart button to work.

Link: www.highlandspapercraft.com/store

I have searched everywhere but I must be looking for the wrong thing. Do I need to look for a action or path code???

Please help as I am almost finished and ready to launch...when I get all the products listed that is!

Suzanne

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I make the Add to cart return to the same page?

I am facing the same issue, only I would like the shopping cart page to return the shopper to the item just added.

Also, I have "login/register to see prices" enabled. However, if a customer is shopping, logs in/registers, they are redirected to the main index page of the site. This may be very frustrating for them since they would have to relocate the item they wanted to add. Can this be resolved in a similar way?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Admin->Configuration->My Store->Display Cart After Adding Product
    Set to false if you don't want to be redirected to the shopping cart after adding a product.
    Display Cart After Adding Product
    Display the shopping cart after adding a product (or return back to their origin)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply DrByte. I have the "Display Cart After Adding Product" set to false but if I use a quantity box and an "add to cart" button for each product in the product listing page the customer is not returned back to their origin after adding a product, they are taken to the product info page for the product just ordered.

I have managed to sort of get around this. I now have a quantity box for each product in the product listing with a "add multiple products" button and this now returns the customer back to the same page they were on.

The New Products page has a "Buy Now" button and no quantity box and when a customer purchases from this page they are returned to the same page.

I can't work out why the different pages and button combos produce different results. It would be nice to know but for the time being I think I will stick to the "add multiple products" as this produces the result I am after.

Suzanne.
    www.highlandspapercraft.com/store

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem, would love to know a solution if any.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by misspot View Post
    The New Products page has a "Buy Now" button and no quantity box and when a customer purchases from this page they are returned to the same page.
    If you are looking for a "buy now" button instead of the quantity boxes, you can do that by setting a 0 for Admin->Configuration->Product Listing->Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,

I think misspot (and I) want to let the customer return to the same page (the product page) instead of the cart when they press "Buy". But even though we set that in the Admin config, the customers are still redirected to the Cart.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Hi DrByte,

I think misspot (and I) want to let the customer return to the same page (the product page) instead of the cart when they press "Buy". But even though we set that in the Admin config, the customers are still redirected to the Cart.
    I just went to your site, and it appears to be working just fine.

There are no quantity boxes or add-to-cart buttons in your product-listings, so had to click on a product to find an add-to-cart button. Clicking on the add-to-cart button, I see your green success bar at the top, and am left on the same page as the product just added.

So ... I'm not sure what you're talking about.

As an aside, even though I've not added a few things to my cart, I have no remembrance of exactly what's "in" my cart and the View Cart link isn't exactly obvious, so I decided to put my credit card away and go shop somewhere else. But that's another story.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,

Right after posting here I was looking all over the files I edited (to add some mods) and I found out I made some critical errors). So I fixed that and all work fine now. It was my fault not realizing those errors earlier.
    Thanks so much for your time, DrByte.