Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Google Base Feeder Support Thread [OLD]

There doesn't appear to be a designated support thread. The thread started by Woodyman which was more of a news alert became the official thread but has the wrong title.

Here is the original thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37317

I've made two minor contributions:

v1.3.4 (added to contributions; should be available soon) - added "mpn", removed "label", fixed "product_type"
    v1.3.5 (currently testing before uploading to contributions; available for download from my website) - added special prices

The script was originally written by Andrew Berezin and he can be contacted through his Zen Cart account name: a_berezin
    Please note that he is no longer providing support for this contribution and any problems with installation etc will have to be addressed by other members in the Zen Cart forum.

I know that v1.3.4 works as I've been using it for quite some time. There may be issues with v1.3.5 so if there are any bugs with the use of special prices specifically, then please post here.

Ideas for future updates:

- Google Base specific product types:

Currently product_type is the string of categories and subcategories that your product is included in on your site. This doesn't seem to be a problem and actually helps with Google Base search results as each category name in the product type becomes searchable. For example, if you sell a Samsung monitor located in Monitors -> LCD on your website, the product_type would be "Monitors, LCD". Both the word MONITORS and LCD are searchable. When Google becomes more picky about product_type, an admin customization for specifying a Google product type to each product will be necessary.

Some tips for best results with the Google Froogle Feeder:

-Change the length of your product titles in your SQL database from 64 to 75-80. Google Base allows up to 80 characters and this will greatly increase your products searchability. I find that more than 75 characters does not look good in the default Zen Cart however.

-Run a cron job for currency updates a few minutes before the google froogle feeder. This will ensure that your prices posted on Google are the same as your website if your default currency is not USD. As a Canadian seller, this was a personal issue for me.

-For your product's model number, use the specific MPN supplied by your manufacturer for best search results. Other model numbers can be placed in your products title.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Froogle Support Thread

v1.3.5 now available in the downloads section.

OK, a couple of questions...My items were just removed from search results b/c all products were labeled as product type "other". I guess I have to add the product type manually into the .txt file at this time?

Also, for each and every item, the quantity shows up as zero. I am running Zen 1.3.6 and just recently updated the Google Froogle feeder after not using it for a long time.

Thanks for any input!
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

Upgrade to the latest version will fix the product_type (after v1.3.3a all you need to do is overwrite the files, do not have to update SQL).

Put "display quantity" to false in the Google Froogle Configuration and it won't show quantities at all.

Plugin Contributions

A current issue with the script which was a prominent concern from the previous thread is that if your store has a lot of products (i.e. 1000+), the script times out when pulling values from the database. A simple fix has been to lengthen the max execution time in your php.ini (if your host allows access), .htaccess, and also your zen cart admin configuration.

Here are the lines to add to php.ini and .htaccess:

Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola
    I was having issues with mine as well. I solved my googlefroogle timeout problem by making changes in my php.ini configuration file to the following:

max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 90
    memory_limit = 32M

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    A current issue with the script which was a prominent concern from the previous thread is that if your store has a lot of products (i.e. 1000+), the script times out when pulling values from the database. A simple fix has been to lengthen the max execution time in your php.ini (if your host allows access), .htaccess, and also your zen cart admin configuration.

Dear Friend,
    I just follow your instruction add the
    max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 90
    memory_limit = 32M
    to the .htaccess file ( the end of the file)

I got the error.

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

what is happened.

I am not sure whether it is timeout problem ,or just uncompatible with zen cart 1.3.5

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Ore you could just add "set_timeout_limit(0)" at the top of the script googlefroogle.php

It worked for us. We have over 14,000 products active on our site. It takes the script along time to run (5 mins or so) but it is working great! Thanks for a great contribution!

Upgrade to the latest version will fix the product_type (after v1.3.3a all you need to do is overwrite the files, do not have to update SQL).

Put "display quantity" to false in the Google Froogle Configuration and it won't show quantities at all.
    Thanks, that did it :) I am glad I didn't have to use the latest SQL. I got many errors with it and had to revert back to my previous download. But updating the files did the trick!
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone been able to use this script with over 1000 products without editing the php.ini or .htaccess files?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Froogle Feeder Support Thread

v1.3.8 - GOOGLE FROOGLE FEEDER

Gave the feed file a cleaner look to support v1.4.0 set to release later this evening as well.

1. Code optimization;
    2. Rewrote readme.txt file;

v1.4.0 will be a more major release which will auto generate google base adwords ads. This code is completed and is currently being documented. The reason for releasing v1.3.8 is for those who are not interested in google base adwords but still want the optimized code from v1.4.0

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast