Page 135 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JLA View Post
    Thanks for this info. One of the most direct responses we have seen on here. We are giving it a try and will let you know if it works. In the meantime we'll also respond to the other posters message.
    The next version will include a revamp, AGAIN, of the sanitization. It is important that this function is optimized as it will be the difference of whether or not websites with more than 10,000 products will timeout while populating the feed.

Simply combining the two functions is overkill, but an optimized solution will be included in the next release.

Plugin Contributions

The next version...

Good god...thats great news. :)

I will have well over 100,000 products online pretty soon in the new store, I had about 356k in the old one, but have optimized product categories a lot since then..let me know if I can beta test, anything..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    The next version will include a revamp, AGAIN, of the sanitization. It is important that this function is optimized as it will be the difference of whether or not websites with more than 10,000 products will timeout while populating the feed.

Simply combining the two functions is overkill, but an optimized solution will be included in the next release.
    Not sure what that is supposed to mean? It comes down to this (and only stating this in an attempt to help)

1. The previous version of this mod worked and submitted all of our products without error.
    2. After upgrade - several of our products were returned by Google Base with errors. The description had not changed - this was caused by the new version of this mod.
    3. Something in the code of this new version is causing this mod to submit products with errors where it did not before. This is a bug that should be corrected.
    4. The previous poster suggested a code change which corrected the problem and all products are once again submitted without errors.

Hopefully this helps but would be more than glad to provide any additional information requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff4Toys View Post
    In item number 2247 it looks like the character it's balking at is
    HTML Code:
    Â
    : in the description here:
    HTML Code:
    No awkward stops and starts—and none of the echoes and distortion
    Remove this character and you should be OK
    JOhn ><>
    when I view the product feed, it adds that character throughout every item. I don't understand, now every item on my website has these characters throughout the product descriptions?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Senseiwalex View Post
    when I view the product feed, it adds that character throughout every item. I don't understand, now every item on my website has these characters throughout the product descriptions?
    This new version seems to have a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by JLA View Post
    This new version seems to have a bug.
    Am I basically screwed at this point? It seems like I'm going to have to go back and fix every item to get rid of these characters.

Here's an example of one of my listings.

http://www.automotivepartssuperstore...r755gggjc2st83

I have a few hundred items, so Im not sure what my act of recourse is. Should I just reload the backup of my products and try to figure out what this bug is?

Plugin Contributions

No, just use the older 1.7.0 for now. Worked fine for me once I re-uploaded it over the 1.7.1.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

The module didn't create the weird character in just the feed file. It actually added the strange character all over my ACTUAL website. Is this some sort of major error on the installation?

http://www.automotivepartssuperstore...084uhvq2nilba1

This link is to a product on my live website. The character has been added everywhere in all the descriptions

Help!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Senseiwalex View Post
    This link is to a product on my live website. The character has been added everywhere in all the descriptions

Help!
    Are you sure you did not do some other import export stuff with your date, like Easy Populate? I have seen this happen with importing stuff.

Numinix would be the one to confirm but I think it is not possible that Base Feeder writes anything back to your cart.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

I don't know the specifics since I'm not doing the actual ftp transfer. I asked my web developer to install the the module. Everything looked good as far as installation into the admin. When I went to create the feedfile it wasn't working. The module said to chmod the directory, which we did and then it worked. It created the feed file, I went to view it in another tab, and it was then that the character was everywhere on the site as well as the feed file.

I'm not aware of anything els being done