Page 222 of 357 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb4614 View Post
    When I upload to google I get the following in my xml file:

18quot;x12quot; when it should be 18"x12"
    I also get & in the descriptions when it should be &
    This has already been talked about many times in this thread. Please read at least some of the thread to find the answer, or do a search within the thread.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

As of April 23rd I have suddenly ran into problems with my data feed.
    On April 22nd my feed worked as usual... inserting all products.
    Starting with the April 23rd upload google processes the feed on 800+ products as '0 of 1 items inserted'.
    I added no new products between this time... so this leads me to believe that google made changes to the way it reads the feeds.
    Has anyone else ran into this issue?
    Any resolution?

I get this message from google...
    Our system encountered an error when processing your data feed.
    Line Nr. Column Nr.
    15 78

Line 15 looks like this...

"<link>http://www.experimedia.net/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=706</link>"

Like I said no problems on the 22nd then suddenly having issues on the 23rd when there were no changes to my system, feed, or new products.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jbible View Post
    As of April 23rd I have suddenly ran into problems with my data feed.
    On April 22nd my feed worked as usual... inserting all products.
    Starting with the April 23rd upload google processes the feed on 800+ products as '0 of 1 items inserted'.
    I added no new products between this time... so this leads me to believe that google made changes to the way it reads the feeds.
    Has anyone else ran into this issue?
    Any resolution?

I get this message from google...
    Our system encountered an error when processing your data feed.
    Line Nr. Column Nr.
    15 78

Line 15 looks like this...

"<link>http://www.experimedia.net/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=706</link>"

Like I said no problems on the 22nd then suddenly having issues on the 23rd when there were no changes to my system, feed, or new products.
    I have the same problem on three zen sites on two servers. Google is rejecting the feeds with an error that the format does not match. I guess Google changed the required fields.

Plugin Contributions

I haven't had any recent problems with feeds rejecting, but I have run into issues that might be related. Google is said to be tightening down on the characters they'll process in a feed. The worst issues I've seen is when I've cut and pasted text from a Word processor or other formatted source rather than typing it direct, or passing it through a text editor.

You might pull up the item in question (the one that was being processed when the error occurred) and look for dashes, quotes and any other punctuation. I'm had problems with both of those.

Another possibility would be a communications timeout. If the feed wasn't fully uploaded, that would create issues.

Plugin Contributions

I finally got the thing installed but when I try and configure the feed it gets a blank page when going to:

googlefroogle.php?feed=fy_un_tp

Is there a simple answer to this?

Also it says in the instructions to register the xml file in the bulk upload, I don't see that anywhere either.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by geolab View Post
    I finally got the thing installed but when I try and configure the feed it gets a blank page when going to:

googlefroogle.php?feed=fy_un_tp

Is there a simple answer to this?

Also it says in the instructions to register the xml file in the bulk upload, I don't see that anywhere either.
    Geolab,

I assume you ran the SQL patch as instructed. Did you change the permissions of the "feed" directory to 777? If you don't have command line support for the chmod command, most servers offer a graphical interface like CPanel that will let you do this.

When they're talking about registering the feed, they mean you have to create a Google Base or Merchant Center account (on Google) and configure that with the name of your upload file, obtain the FTP credentials, etc.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

This is a wonderful mod. I couldn't live without it.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I followed the instructions and have changed the CHMOD through the Host CP.

Plugin Contributions

I am a newbie but I just got this to work two weeks ago so maybe this will help.

If you look in feed directory, you will see the name of the file you need to register. Mine is:

domain_products.xml

I can't remember if that is hardcoded or if I chose itl. You take this name and register it with google merchant.

www.google.com/merchants/bulkuploads

You will create a new feed here with this name. Hope it helps.

Plugin Contributions

My feed directory has index.html in it, no xml file. Does anyone know what had gone wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by geolab View Post
    My feed directory has index.html in it, no xml file. Does anyone know what had gone wrong?
    My guess would be you haven't changed the permissions on your "feed" folder yet. It must be set to 777. If you don't have command line support for the chmod command, most servers offer a graphical interface like CPanel that will let you do this.

You can also use these tools to check what it's set to. Sometimes it doesn't "take" when you do this in CPanel.