Page 167 of 357 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

G'day,

Is there an explanation somewhere as to what the options for the various Google Base Feeder Configuration options are, what sort of values should be set for them, what's acceptable, and what they do to the feed result and the way the feed is displayed by Google Product Search?

I'm have some difficulty understanding just what is what with these settings.

In my case, it's a store operating in Australia.

GST tax of 10% is payable by those buying in Australia. No GST for those buying from elsewhere.

We accept credit cards from those in Australia and New Zealand. We only accept Direct Transfer payment from those elsewhere.

We offer free shipping on orders over A$1000 in value to anywhere in Australia.

We give everyone store pickup as an option. Those in Australia can select from two forms of shipping. Those elsewhere can only get International air delivery for shipping.

All of these things are configured into the store using the various zone options for shipping, payments etc.

But I'm at a loss as to how to transfer these settings into the Google Base Feed Configuration setup. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Lloyd Borrett.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

G'day,

After reading some more about Google Base, especially it's attribute optins, I'm starting to come to grips with some of the Google Base Feeder Configuration options.

But I now also have some more questions.

Google Base supports a "location" attribute, being the address of where the item is. Surely it would be useful to provide this, especially if Store Pickup is set to true? Also, providing the location might help in the case where, like me, the store is in one country but Google Base is being used to target customers in another country.

Google Base supports a "manufacturer" attribute. Google Base Feeder picks up the manufacturer from Zen Cart and outputs it as the "brand" attribute. Why output the brand attribute instead of the manufacturer attribute? Would there be any benefit or penalty if both the brand and manufacturer attributes were output?

Cheers, Lloyd Borrett.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fusionsp View Post
    hmm, ok I tried that and it added more products. The few its missing may be my fault. Google does not allow products that do not have descriptions or too small ones.

Any ways, I created the feed. when I looked at it, it has all the descriptions bunched up? It took out all the spacing? I obviously like that it accepted more products but I cant change every product.

I am having the same problem. I have replaced the sanitizer portion of the code with the 1.7.0 version. Now, Goggle will accept my feeds with no problems or errors, however, when you look at the descriptions, they are all run together with no spaces between words.

In looking at my performance measures I noticed that my CTR's dropped almost to zero when I started using this updated version of Feeder. The only thing I can attribute it to is the lack of spaces in the descriptions (and I am assuming in the titles also) of the products.

Is there a quick fix to keep the Sanitizer from stripping all the spaces from the description field?

HELP!

Plugin Contributions

After uploading all the new files to update my version 1.7.1 to 1.7.4, I got this SQL error:

Code:
    1062 Duplicate entry 'GOOGLE_BASE_MAP_PRICING' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO bnconfiguration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Enable Map Pricing', 'GOOGLE_BASE_MAP_PRICING', 'false', 'Enable MAP Pricing (requires separate add-on)?', @configuration_group_id, 2, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    Anybody knows why, BTW I am unable to generate a new feed!!!
    If I click in generate products feed in Admin it does nothing there are no new files in feed ... and it has 777 permissions so I think there is a problem with the xml generation ...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    After uploading all the new files to update my version 1.7.1 to 1.7.4, I got this SQL error:

Code:
    1062 Duplicate entry 'GOOGLE_BASE_MAP_PRICING' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO bnconfiguration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Enable Map Pricing', 'GOOGLE_BASE_MAP_PRICING', 'false', 'Enable MAP Pricing (requires separate add-on)?', @configuration_group_id, 2, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    If I click in generate products feed in Admin it does nothing there are no new files in feed ... and it has 777 permissions so I think there is a problem with the xml generation ...
    Go back and Start from page 151 and read those pages and see if that helps you out some. If not I will try to help you out.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

I updated the google base feed to 1.7.4. However I still have an issue where not all my products get added to the feed. Any idea what could be wrong.

I have 98 products on my site.

here is a link to my feed:

http://www.mallover.com/feed/domain_products.xml

only 46 of them are processed by googlebase.

any ideas what could be wrong.
    Last edited by dannyd; 11 Jun 2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: didnt explain that well

Plugin Contributions

Well, the upgrading issues are gone, now my problem is it's not generating a feed! hmmm what am I missing?

I read the thread from page 151 to the last page, but I couldn't find any explanation to this ... My online feed is outdated! I need to solve this ASAP!

Thanks countrycharm for your tips ...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Froogle Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    Has anyone been able to use this script with over 1000 products without editing the php.ini or .htaccess files?
    I'm using an older version of this mod.
    I have a store with 1,005 products I have no issues at all using this mod with this store.

However, I also have other stores with more than 10,000 products, no luck with those with or without editing the php.ini or .htaccess files.

BTW, can someone tell me if the if the latest version of this mod supports GoogleBase UK and/or Germany, as well as the latest changes introduced by GoogleBase (item condition, specific product category according to GB, etc)?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Well, the upgrading issues are gone, now my problem is it's not generating a feed! hmmm what am I missing?

I read the thread from page 151 to the last page, but I couldn't find any explanation to this ... My online feed is outdated! I need to solve this ASAP!

Thanks countrycharm for your tips ...
    Make sure your feed cache is set to 777
    Go to your store admin/configurations/google_base_feeder_configurations and cut on the debug and create another feed and see what errors it tells you there.
    If that don't show anything lets try one more thing Look in your server root for a file named php.ini. If you don't have one create/open a file called php.ini and add the following lines:
    max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 90
    memory_limit = 32M
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Make sure your feed cache is set to 777
    Go to your store admin/configurations/google_base_feeder_configurations and cut on the debug and create another feed and see what errors it tells you there.
    If that don't show anything lets try one more thing Look in your server root for a file named php.ini. If you don't have one create/open a file called php.ini and add the following lines:
    I tried the above and my feed is only processing 46/91 products .. any ideas ?