Page 210 of 357 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

I installed this great MOD before Christmas, and it works well. Also set up a Cron Job so that the feed is uploaded to Google base automatically.

This is my problem. Our website shows the prices in two currencies GBP Pounds £ and USD Dollars $. Our default is pounds, buty we also show the $ equivalent on every page. The Google Base Feeder creates a product feed with the prices in £, and this is uploaded auytomatically to Google base to a data feed Targeting the United Kingdom. What I want to do is create another feed with all the prices marked in USD, and upload it to another Google base data feed that has the target country set to the United States. If this could be created automatically and updated to Google Base like the GBP version, then great, but if not, does anyone know how to do this manually?

Thanks for your time.

Plugin Contributions

I have installed the base feeder. I understand the first step is the configuration. Is there any documentation on how to do that? I'm not a developer. Can I do this myself or do I need to program stuff?

After I do the configuration then is there anything else I need to do? Is the Cron just for automatic submission?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Could not edit prev post:

When I try to create a product the browser attempts to go to:

http://www.mywebsite.com/shopping/go...?feed=fy_un_tp

But I get a 404 error. What is the deal, did the guy who installed it not do something right?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zorro7444 View Post
    Could not edit prev post:

When I try to create a product the browser attempts to go to:

http://www.mywebsite.com/shopping/go...?feed=fy_un_tp

But I get a 404 error. What is the deal, did the guy who installed it not do something right?
    You need to make sure all of the files are uploaded and the feed directory is chmod to 777.

Please read through all the instructions. A lot of people skip through the basic instructions and find out later it was something they missed.

Hope that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Where are the instructions? I want to read them so I don't have to ask stupid questions.

Also the feeder works in firefox, but in internet explorer I get the 404, is that becasue of the 777 chmod?

When I use firefox I got this:

Google Base Feeder v1.7.4 started 2010/02/03 22:07:47
    Feed file - /usr/home/mywebsite/www/htdocs/shopping/feed/google_base_products.xml
    Processing: Feed - Yes, Upload - No
    Google Base File Complete In 0.191784 Seconds 0 Records

For included categories I only selected 1 category: fishing, which has subcategories. As you can see I got 0 records. Do I need to select the subcategories? If so how would I do that: fishing > baitcast reels, fishing > rods, etc?
    Last edited by zorro7444; 3 Feb 2010 at 11:13 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Where are the instructions? I want to read them so I don't have to ask stupid questions.

Also the feeder works in firefox, but in internet explorer I get the 404, is that becasue of the 777 chmod?

When I use firefox I got this:

Google Base Feeder v1.7.4 started 2010/02/03 22:07:47
    Feed file - /usr/home/mywebsite/www/htdocs/shopping/feed/google_base_products.xml
    Processing: Feed - Yes, Upload - No
    Google Base File Complete In 0.191784 Seconds 0 Records

For included categories I only selected 1 category: fishing, which has subcategories. As you can see I got 0 records. Do I need to select the subcategories? If so how would I do that: fishing > baitcast reels, fishing > rods, etc?
    Turn on Debug under Conf:::set to True.

Well, it looks like you did Create...now scroll down to Upload and let me know the results.

Plugin Contributions

My google base feed works great!

I have one issue - I have a mix of conditions (New, Refurbished, Used, etc) - with the auto uploader, you can only set the condition one way by default.

So, all of my items get posted on google as 'New', even though some are not.

I do not want customers to think I am pulling a fast one.

Is there a way to have each item's respective condition properly get uploaded?

I realize I can (and have done) manually adjust/upload the xml feed document, but it takes a lot time to go thru and edit.

Any suggestions, please?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by willieWontGo View Post
    My google base feed works great!

I have one issue - I have a mix of conditions (New, Refurbished, Used, etc) - with the auto uploader, you can only set the condition one way by default.

So, all of my items get posted on google as 'New', even though some are not.

I do not want customers to think I am pulling a fast one.

Is there a way to have each item's respective condition properly get uploaded?

I realize I can (and have done) manually adjust/upload the xml feed document, but it takes a lot time to go thru and edit.

Any suggestions, please?
    Hi, I wish I could help you out but I am not the original author of this addon. I am just lending a helping hand from the experiences I have had with Google Feeder.

I, too, would like to have a choice per item but it does seem to be an option. In an earlier post I had made a similar request but it was never respond to.

Hope that helps.

Bridgett

Plugin Contributions

I turned debug to true.

I uploaded the file and the result was that "no items were inserted", kinda what I thought when the feeder showed 0 results. I get 0 results even if I leave inclusion / exclusion blank?

Also, when I go to view the results of the feed before uploading it takes me to a page that says I need to subscribe to a feed. So I do and then I can't view the feed, it just takes me back to my website.

Plugin Contributions

I turned debug to true.

I uploaded the file and the result was that "no items were inserted", kinda what I thought when the feeder showed 0 results. I get 0 results even if I leave inclusion / exclusion blank?

Also, when I go to view the results of the feed before uploading it takes me to a page that says I need to subscribe to a feed. So I do and then I can't view the feed, it just takes me back to my website.
    1. Is your feed folder set to 777
    2. Is googlefroogle.php installed in your root directory
    3. The instructions are html file called documentation.html.
    4. Did you correctly install your Google Merchant name & pw in the Google config in admin.