Page 223 of 357 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

Recently my feed has been getting disapproved no matter what. I have not had any problems up until the last couple weeks. I am still on Zen 1.3.8a and just re-downloaded Google Feeder from the downloads. All it fixed was making it upload to Google. Feed is still disapproved. They don't give me any reasons, or show that there are any errors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jbible View Post
    As of April 23rd I have suddenly ran into problems with my data feed.
    On April 22nd my feed worked as usual... inserting all products.
    Starting with the April 23rd upload google processes the feed on 800+ products as '0 of 1 items inserted'.
    I added no new products between this time... so this leads me to believe that google made changes to the way it reads the feeds.
    Has anyone else ran into this issue?
    Any resolution?

I get this message from google...
    Our system encountered an error when processing your data feed.
    Line Nr. Column Nr.
    15 78

Line 15 looks like this...

"<link>http://www.experimedia.net/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=706</link>"

Like I said no problems on the 22nd then suddenly having issues on the 23rd when there were no changes to my system, feed, or new products.
    I have a similar error

<link>http://xcergy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=70&currency=USD</link>

I edited it and added "www." to the domain and manually re-submitted. Now Google tells me it liked the file (no errors) but no product was inserted.

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR What do I do now?

Plugin Contributions

Yeah google obviously changed something a few weeks ago and is rejecting feeds for some reason. Hope to get this resolved soon as I have watched my sales decrease quite a bit since it started rejecting the feeds.

Plugin Contributions

I'm getting the same error.... it says the error is in line 14 column 87.

This is the line in question.....

<link>http://www.howardsfpi.com/hfpistore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=596</link>

I've counted it out on mine as well as others who have posted the same error messages and the error always points to the equal sign in the 'product_id' section(in my case it's product_id=596).

If I remove that product listing from the file and run it again, I get the same error on the next product, again, pointing to the equal sign in the 'product_id' field.

I believe the real issue is in the & symbol.... Has google changed something to not like the & symbol in files? I'm not an expert at this but this is what it seems like.

Any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nehoward64 View Post
    I'm getting the same error.... it says the error is in line 14 column 87.

This is the line in question.....

<link>http://www.howardsfpi.com/hfpistore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=596</link>

I've counted it out on mine as well as others who have posted the same error messages and the error always points to the equal sign in the 'product_id' section(in my case it's product_id=596).

If I remove that product listing from the file and run it again, I get the same error on the next product, again, pointing to the equal sign in the 'product_id' field.

I believe the real issue is in the & symbol.... Has google changed something to not like the & symbol in files? I'm not an expert at this but this is what it seems like.

Any thoughts?
    OK wise ones.... My suspicions were correct. After several hours of pouring through code books I haven't dealt with in about 15 years, and reading through several hundred messages in this forum, I have discovered that the '&' is the problem in the <link> line of the file. After changing all occurrences of it to '&amp;' with notepad++ and manually uploading it, google liked my file and listed all of the products.

The question is, does anyone know how to either make the base feeder do this automatically when the file is generated, OR, some automatic way of doing this so the base feeder will FTP the file without me having to manually change all the ampersands and manually uploading the file? Although I used to write communications software for UNIX 20 years ago, I'm a bit out of touch and haven't dug into the code(or had the time to) to figure this out.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance(only because I know some smart person probably already has the answer )

Plugin Contributions

OK wise ones.... My suspicions were correct. After several hours of pouring through code books I haven't dealt with in about 15 years, and reading through several hundred messages in this forum, I have discovered that the '&' is the problem in the <link> line of the file. After changing all occurrences of it to '&amp;' with notepad++ and manually uploading it, google liked my file and listed all of the products.

The question is, does anyone know how to either make the base feeder do this automatically when the file is generated, OR, some automatic way of doing this so the base feeder will FTP the file without me having to manually change all the ampersands and manually uploading the file? Although I used to write communications software for UNIX 20 years ago, I'm a bit out of touch and haven't dug into the code(or had the time to) to figure this out.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance(only because I know some smart person probably already has the answer )
    Can't help you .. but I did go through my file and did a find/replace.

Bottom line, that was not my problem. I re-did the feed and got a mis-match error
    Line 14 col 69
    <link>http://xcergy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187&language=en&currency=USD</link>

The offender is product_id=1878

So Google does not like an equal sign?

What next? I'm lost.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by xcergy View Post
    Can't help you .. but I did go through my file and did a find/replace.

Bottom line, that was not my problem. I re-did the feed and got a mis-match error
    Line 14 col 69
    <link>http://xcergy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187&language=en&currency=USD</link>

The offender is product_id=1878

So Google does not like an equal sign?

What next? I'm lost.
    Google liked the equal signs in my file, in my case it was the ampersand(&)...

Did you change them all?

main_page=product_info&amp;products_id=187&amp;language=en&amp;currency=USD

Also, you may want to try changing the (encoding="UTF-8") to (encoding="UTF-16") at the very top of the file. I had also done this per the suggestion of a previous message in this feed but am not sure what the significance is.

I'm thinking that if google didnt like the equal sign it would have choked at the (main_page=product_info) instead of at the product number. I dunno, but following these changes mine worked fine. Maybe someone else has a better explanation???

Plugin Contributions

Google liked the equal signs in my file, in my case it was the ampersand(&)...

Did you change them all?

main_page=product_info&amp;products_id=187&amp;language=en&amp;currency=USD

Also, you may want to try changing the (encoding="UTF-8") to (encoding="UTF-16") at the very top of the file. I had also done this per the suggestion of a previous message in this feed but am not sure what the significance is.

I'm thinking that if google didnt like the equal sign it would have choked at the (main_page=product_info) instead of at the product number. I dunno, but following these changes mine worked fine. Maybe someone else has a better explanation???
    The error code (line 14 col 69) points directly to the '=' sign

Yes, I tried the '&amp;' and also re-verified xcergy.com as opposed to www.xcergy.com on the Google webmaster page.

The error remains the same.

Where in Google does it state that UTF-16 is required?

Plugin Contributions

Maybe someone else has a better explanation???
    It all depends on what charter coding you use when creating your products. If you do your product description in word then copy/paste, or type within your cart, or use a csv file from a vendor.... you may end up with maxed set of charter codes... Like this " is not the same as ˝ which converts to something like this  when creating the feed.

Not so sure it's a Google thing as a XML, RSS2 strict coding requirement, but you can ether go through all your type and make sure it's all in one charter coding, and charters such as & " , >< if used in a description or title, their HTML coding is used. ex.. &amp; for &, such coding when read out-of-place will cause errors in a reader.

Or play with the google_base_xml_sanitizer in \includes\classes\google_base.php and try some of the changes discussed in this thread. I did.... still not having any problems with Google and my feed looks good in a reader. I restricted to 20 products as I edited the class file until it look good in my rss reader, then I uploaded the short feed to Google and it passed, then the full feed. I have over 5000 products listed without any errors from Google.

Lots of good info on the net for sanitizing XML.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    It all depends on what charter coding you use when creating your products. If you do your product description in word then copy/paste, or type within your cart, or use a csv file from a vendor.... you may end up with maxed set of charter codes... Like this " is not the same as ˝ which converts to something like this  when creating the feed.

Not so sure it's a Google thing as a XML, RSS2 strict coding requirement, but you can ether go through all your type and make sure it's all in one charter coding, and charters such as & " , >< if used in a description or title, their HTML coding is used. ex.. &amp; for &, such coding when read out-of-place will cause errors in a reader.

Or play with the google_base_xml_sanitizer in \includes\classes\google_base.php and try some of the changes discussed in this thread. I did.... still not having any problems with Google and my feed looks good in a reader. I restricted to 20 products as I edited the class file until it look good in my rss reader, then I uploaded the short feed to Google and it passed, then the full feed. I have over 5000 products listed without any errors from Google.

Lots of good info on the net for sanitizing XML.
    Food for thought. Thanks for posting. I copy/paste HTML code from Front Page, or type it in the cart.
    That said, my errors are all in the link tag, and that code is generated totally by Zen.