Page 211 of 357 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

1) I've checked installation and verified that the "feed" directory has the permissions of 777, as does all of it's contents.
    2)"googlefroogle.php" exists
    3) Found the instructions thanks
    4) The username and pass are correct
    Last edited by zorro7444; 4 Feb 2010 at 12:20 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure why IE is not working. It doesn't really say which file is not found, but it works in firefox. (i tried clearing my cache with no luck.) The feed does run in firefox, but i get 0 results?

Any thoughts?

Thanks Bridgett

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zorro7444 View Post
    I'm not sure why IE is not working. It doesn't really say which file is not found, but it works in firefox. (i tried clearing my cache with no luck.) The feed does run in firefox, but i get 0 results?

Any thoughts?

Thanks Bridgett

Ok..so all is good in the configuration.....Create...no problems...Upload no problems...am I correct in saying this?

Now, if there is a problem within the first 24 hours...Google will happily sent you an email.

Did you check your Google Merchant account to see if it says searchable soon?

Try not to upload several times because it has to start the process all over again. Just try and upload every four hours or so.

Oh, you can use pagewash.com to clear for IE...but not to ruin your day but it does work in IE for me

Let me know your results.

Bridgett

Plugin Contributions

I think it works! After I went to pagewash.com it worked Well sort of, it works for all of the products. If I try to include categories then it doesn't work anymore

Is there a trick to including categories? I am trying to include the sub categories under fishing. So my category tree looks like this:
    hobbies/fishing/baitcast-reels
    hobbies/fishing/low-profile-reels
    hobbies/fishing/spinning-reels

I tried: hobbies, fishing, baitcast-reels, and hobbies/fishing/baitcast-reels. none of those seem to return any products.

id: 60, price: 189, description length: 2006 - including - success
    id: 78, price: 111, description length: 1130 - including - success
    Google Base File Complete In 1.198359 Seconds 64 Records

The feeder doesn't seem to return very many fields: ID, price, and desc. To add more do you have to change the code or do it manually?

More importantly, a problem that I have is this: I use the product description section for bullet points. Then I use the review to describe my product. How can I add the user review to the feed(does that make sense)?
    Last edited by zorro7444; 4 Feb 2010 at 03:11 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I think it works! After I went to pagewash.com it worked Well sort of, it works for all of the products. If I try to include categories then it doesn't work anymore

Is there a trick to including categories? I am trying to include the sub categories under fishing. So my category tree looks like this:
    hobbies/fishing/baitcast-reels
    hobbies/fishing/low-profile-reels
    hobbies/fishing/spinning-reels

I tried: hobbies, fishing, baitcast-reels, and hobbies/fishing/baitcast-reels. none of those seem to return any products.

id: 60, price: 189, description length: 2006 - including - success
    id: 78, price: 111, description length: 1130 - including - success
    Google Base File Complete In 1.198359 Seconds 64 Records

The feeder doesn't seem to return very many fields: ID, price, and desc. To add more do you have to change the code or do it manually?

More importantly, a problem that I have is this: I use the product description section for bullet points. Then I use the review to describe my product. How can I add the user review to the feed(does that make sense)?
    First of all, and it's your choice...you don't need to include Categories if you are using ALL categories. You can leave it blank. I left that blank.

If you are using quotations or anything like that...then you need to make some changes to google_base.php because Google will kick it back. Look at #1902 of this thread. And back-up before you do any changes.

Also, just a suggestion....change the name of your .xml file. It's custom for your site only.

The Google Feeder is for products listed in your store not for reviews.

Hope that helps.

Bridgett

Plugin Contributions

1) I have to include some categories not all are uploadable, it is not a choice for me. I can't get it to work, any tips on how to include products?

2)Are you saying if I have a prduct description that says 64" x 15" x 5" that I will have problems becasue of the quotes or is that just for the title? I may have problems here thank you.

3)Since I use the zencart review as my product description, will I be able to customize the code to bring that into the feed? I could add a 2nd product description to the product input page but that would required programming as well and then i would need to tell the feeder to include both product descriptions. With custom programming can you improve what the feed pulls in?

Plugin Contributions

1) I have to include some categories not all are uploadable, it is not a choice for me. I can't get it to work, any tips on how to include products?

2)Are you saying if I have a prduct description that says 64" x 15" x 5" that I will have problems becasue of the quotes or is that just for the title? I may have problems here thank you.

3)Since I use the zencart review as my product description, will I be able to customize the code to bring that into the feed? I could add a 2nd product description to the product input page but that would required programming as well and then i would need to tell the feeder to include both product descriptions. With custom programming can you improve what the feed pulls in?
    I had the same problem that is why I am suggesting you change it. Or do this....VIEW your feeds and you will see that the 64" x 15" looks weird. Try that and let me know if it shows up.

On the Title DO NOT USE CAPS Google will kick it back.

Trust me on those two issues. I had to change them.

For the first time just to get it running, I kept my feeds to a minimum so I would not incur any problems with Google.

Hope that helps.

Bridgett

Plugin Contributions

That does help, but I still need to include categories. I can't figure out how to do that.

Plugin Contributions

That does help, but I still need to include categories. I can't figure out how to do that.
    You can include categories. I just did not. I just don't want to give an opinion on including categories because I did not. I included all of my categories but that's just me. Just try it and it may work for you.

If you just upload today...give Google a chance. Below is a link but add YOUR google merchant account number to check your feeds.

http://www.google.com/products?authorid=xxxxxx

Hope that helps.

Plugin Contributions

I didn't upload my feed because it's not working yet.

I need to figure out how to include products, fix all the formating errors from symbols (like: - " &), and fix formating problems. I have formating problems becasue I use bullet points in my description so the base feeder runs the first and last word together.

I'm new to google base, but I was able to get a test product (manual feed) on the first page I am not sure if base feedeer can give me those results. If not, I have to pay for custom code. Does the base feeder include fields like: brand, product type, id, mpn? I hope I can use the base feeder, manual will be a problem.