Page 254 of 357 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by totalsam View Post
    I have a site with 59k+ products on it yet google base is only sending 6k products to google. Any idea how to correct this as I'm potentially loosing out on ALOT of sales!
    I'm having the same problem. I have approx 90,000 products, but only 25,000 are appearing on google. Any help, or pointers in the right direction would be so greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 19gary72 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I have approx 90,000 products, but only 25,000 are appearing on google. Any help, or pointers in the right direction would be so greatly appreciated.
    I checked out the HELP section in Google Merchant, and i think i've noticed the problem with this. I was uploading manually an XML file of approx 190mb, and they only accept files of 20mb max for this method. So hopefully by using FTP it will fix the problem of not seeing all my products.

Here's what Google say about Uploads...

When uploading your data feed to Google Merchant Center you have three options.

• Direct upload through the Google Merchant Center Data feeds page (Files under 20 MB in size)
    • File Transfer Protocol (FTP) (Files larger than 20 MB must upload using FTP)
    • Automatic upload via scheduling (Files under 15 MB in size)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by willieWontGo View Post
    My google base feed works great!

I have one issue - I have a mix of conditions (New, Refurbished, Used, etc) - with the auto uploader, you can only set the condition one way by default.

So, all of my items get posted on google as 'New', even though some are not.

I do not want customers to think I am pulling a fast one.

Is there a way to have each item's respective condition properly get uploaded?

I realize I can (and have done) manually adjust/upload the xml feed document, but it takes a lot time to go thru and edit.

Any suggestions, please?
    I have the exact same problem. Has a solution ever been found?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sevstar View Post
    I have the exact same problem. Has a solution ever been found?
    Not to hard to do, I've set it up on my site due to running auctions. Been some time back so I'll have to pick out the code changes to explain it better, but basically...

Add a field to your product table for 'condition'.
    Add some code to the product pages in admin to collect the info and store it.
    Change the code in base to get the info from the product table instead of the default 'NEW'..

What's nice, once you go through this process you can use it in your product display too.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

We had been using the feed for a long while, then our host, godaddy, decided it was time to move us to a new server.

We had a number of issues when they did that, specificly they didn't set our images folder to the proper permission so we had no photos being pulled from storeroot/images. ANNOYING.

At the same time we lost the access to photos, our google base feed got disaproved.

I got an email from google letting me know that we were disproved.

Here's the note from email:
    Issues:

1. Non-working URLs

-----------------
    1. Non-working URLs: It seems that the URLs in your data feed weren't working correctly when we initially viewed them. This might occur due to various reasons. For example, your server was being updated or rebooted when our system was processing your feed. To ensure that users are able to view your items, please verify that your URLs are functional. If your URLs are now functioning, please resubmit your data feed.

Now, I have tried re-submitting, and it gets disaproved. I have also downloaded the feed xml file, and it appears that the links all work.

What am I missing?

Plugin Contributions

My store is a toy store and all my catagories are the toy's brand name, like Power Rangers. When my feed is generated the product type is
    Code:
    <g:product_type><![CDATA[Power Rangers]]></g:product_type>
    I have full path on, but it does me no good because Power Rangers is the top catagory. I could make a Toy>Action Figure catagories and have my existing catagories in them, but since I am a toy store why have the user take extra steps to see the items.

Google has a Product Type Attribute for toy figures:
    Toys & Games > Toys > Dolls, Playsets & Toy Figures > Action Figures
    and another for games and toy cars and so on.
    So I ask-
    Since Zen Cart has Product Types, if I set up my catagories by Product types, can my feed use that in addition to the catagory it now uses?

Dan

Plugin Contributions

I have been working on installing the google base feeder all night. I have read most of the support thread. I had first installed the patches, then the install sql. I missed one file when initially installing and the page for the admin> Tools> google base feeder was not found when I clicked on it in admin. I reuploaded. Now I have that page, but there is only one option. It says feed type: and sql query limit and when I click confirm it opens a little window with a blank white page. I am really new to zen cart and newer to base feeds. If someone could help me trouble shoot? I would love to get this working before I add too many products so I know how to use it. I have my google base feed account, set up the pass word and ftp and the only settings in the config google base feed menu are the password and user name for the ftp. What am I missing? How exactly do you create...find the feed. I know how to manually upload one... I don't know how to create one and I am not sure if I have evyrything installed right since there doesn't seem to be an option to actually create and name your feed.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own--Adam Savage

Plugin Contributions

Zen 1.39h
    Whenever I use the feed, it doesnt delete my products in a couple of categories but it prevents the public from seeing most of the products in a couple of categories and the base feed comes back saying about 100 less than whats in my cart were added.

I simply had to move the category to another category and then back and all the products were once again publicly visible. This happens to be the newest categories created after base feed was installed.

Do I need to reinstall feed or is there a bug that I can fix?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

dont know why, but my feed file generator keeps timing out, any idea's how i can stop this???
    i may not know how yet, but i soon will....i hope :)

Plugin Contributions

bump??
    i have tried changing all sorts of settings to try and get this to work, but nothing seems to be working..
    i may not know how yet, but i soon will....i hope :)