Page 312 of 357 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hardwiredtemplates View Post
    Delia I think we found our answer. I went to version 1.10.2 and the feed does load.

Still wondering if Adding these mods would have helped.
    Hi, hardwiredtemplates ... whether or not conversion is really necessary, the Latin 1 to UTF8 does work, I've run it against a localhost test file, and have not found any problems with it so far. It changed the collation for the database, each of the tables, and all the pertinent fields in the tables to utf8_general-ci. Dr Byte has another feather in his cap.

I think the tutorial instructions say to change the collation to utf8_unicode_ci though, and I don't know if that's a killer or not. Also, have no idea if it's really necessary to change the collation, though I get the feeling most people don't. If someone knows, would appreciate the input.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, all! We got into working on this a couple of weeks ago (I know that's late, but ... well ... things happen). So far we've installed and tested against a localhost test company, and mostly the GMCF seems to be working, with one big issue, at least for us.

Trying to run against all products, somewhere along the line the feed chokes and displays

Google Merchant Center Feeder v1.10.2 started 2011/09/24 14:48:11
    Feed file - C:/wamp/www/ct139googlebase/feed/google/CT_base_google.xml_products_en.xml
    Processing: Feed - Yes, Upload - No
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

with no record counts. Looking at the XML, it ends with an item, has an /item> tag, but no </channel> or </rss> tags. Cutting down on the number of records to around 600-800 by limiting the manufacturers included makes it work, and Google seems to like it, the test feed shows Google inserts all the records (with a Google product category warning, of course).

I've read of similar symptoms here, but can't find whether anyone has a solution, or even an indication of what the problem might be. If you can shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance for any input.

Plugin Contributions

Installed the new Google Merchant Centre module and after some initial issues (a bit of advice to anyone with Google Base Feeder module - uninstall that before adding this module) it has worked fine. Except that is for one issue.

The feed runs fine but when clicking on the link we encounter the following error 'error on line 14 at column 54: EntityRef: expecting ';''. Now after a fair bit of investigating we found that the brand name S&C was causing the problems. Specifically the s&c characters in the image url was resulting in the xml feed being rejected. For the time being we are having to download the feed amend the '&' using '%26' before manually uploading the feed. As you can imagine that is not viable in the long run.

My question is that we did not encounter this error when running Google Base Feeder so what has changed to cause this issue? And is there a fix for it? Any help would be appreciated.

You can view the generated feed here

http://www.123av.co.uk/feed/google/1...roducts_en.xml

And we're running version 1.3.9h of Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jxl1 View Post
    Installed the new Google Merchant Centre module and after some initial issues (a bit of advice to anyone with Google Base Feeder module - uninstall that before adding this module) it has worked fine. Except that is for one issue.

The feed runs fine but when clicking on the link we encounter the following error 'error on line 14 at column 54: EntityRef: expecting ';''. Now after a fair bit of investigating we found that the brand name S&C was causing the problems. Specifically the s&c characters in the image url was resulting in the xml feed being rejected. For the time being we are having to download the feed amend the '&' using '%26' before manually uploading the feed. As you can imagine that is not viable in the long run.

My question is that we did not encounter this error when running Google Base Feeder so what has changed to cause this issue? And is there a fix for it? Any help would be appreciated.

You can view the generated feed here

http://www.123av.co.uk/feed/google/1...roducts_en.xml

And we're running version 1.3.9h of Zen Cart.
    Hello, jxl1 ... you don't mention which version of GMCF you installed. I understand that in 1.10.3 the sanitizer code has been removed, which might resolve that. 1.10.2 does have code in it, that you can probably amend to fit your needs. That is in /includes/classes/google_base.php I think.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by inovermyhead View Post
    Hello, jxl1 ... you don't mention which version of GMCF you installed. I understand that in 1.10.3 the sanitizer code has been removed, which might resolve that. 1.10.2 does have code in it, that you can probably amend to fit your needs. That is in /includes/classes/google_base.php I think.
    The problem is that google does not allow ampersands in the image name and the santizer does not change that so therefore the problem. Just remove the ampersands from the images - you should never use symbols in your image names. Make the image names with keywords- words that matter.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

You're right, Delia, didn't read it right, and didn't realize it was an image. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    The problem is that google does not allow ampersands in the image name and the santizer does not change that so therefore the problem. Just remove the ampersands from the images - you should never use symbols in your image names. Make the image names with keywords- words that matter.

Plugin Contributions

inovermyhead - you mentioned a few posts back, that you converted a database from latin1 to utf8 and didn't see any problems.

Using drbytes converter I converted a 1.3.9d database from latin1 to utf8 and after a short while I realized many (not all) descriptions were truncated. Did you notice anything like that happening?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    inovermyhead - you mentioned a few posts back, that you converted a database from latin1 to utf8 and didn't see any problems.

Using drbytes converter I converted a 1.3.9d database from latin1 to utf8 and after a short while I realized many (not all) descriptions were truncated. Did you notice anything like that happening?
    Hello, building blocks. Not at the time, just did a random check of several listings.

Went back a bit ago and checked further, especially on listings that have a special character in them, like apostrophe, double quote, or an accented character, and as you say, the listing is truncated immediately after the special character, and in one case the sideboxes appeared after the description, rather than alongside, indicating the HTML can be affected as well.

Using 1.3.9h
    Last edited by inovermyhead; 26 Sep 2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Clarification ...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for clarifying that inovermyhead. At least I know it's not just me having done something wrong.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all the responses it is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    With regard to this the exact same product was being accepted when we were running Google Base Feeder, so it can't simply be a case of Google not accepting the format.

Also while it would be great if we could remove the ampersands it is automatically generated by Ceon SEO URL module we have installed and comes from the brand name S&C.