Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Taxes and Shipping Address

Hi,

I'm having a problem with checkout. I was using a test customer in the USA (I'm in Canada so USA customers dont get charged any taxes). On the checkout confirmation screen it doesn't show taxes, however when it goes through to Paypal taxes are added. Even on the e-mail confirmation it shows up with taxes. It shows CA GST 6.0% which is the tax category for Canada only but it's charging on customers to the USA.

It may be tied to the other problem I'm having too... I have a shipping address to the USA but when I login to Paypal and complete the Express checkout it changes the shipping address to the paypal shipping address they have on their account. This is confusing the shipping department. Is it possible to ignore or not ask the customers for shipping address in Paypal?

Help! I tried searching for the answers but i couldn't find any.

Thanks - Zack

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Taxes and Shipping Address

Taxes are being added at the PayPal end because you have your PayPal account configured to collect taxes.
    The best way to resolve that is to turn off taxes in your PayPal account and let Zen Cart handle them.
    But that means if you have ebay or other payments also going through your PayPal account ... they won't get taxed anymore.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.