Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Automatically generate PDF invoices for customers – need something faster!

Send pdf files to customers? Actually lots of sites such amazon.com simply let you check and print the invoice directly from your account.

I rarely see any store sends out pdf invoice.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Automatically generate PDF invoices for customers – need something faster!

Hi francocauter
    Yes I know you just Print and make a PDF of the invoice but you have to do then do that manually thousands of times for all the orders ... which is why we are falling behind, customers end up just calling and emailing for invoices which creates more work, wish the cart could just email them the PDF or even a LINK when they order?

yellow1912, Actually yes letting them download the invoice directly from their account would be great, (also being able to email them a link to this in their order confirmation would help) basically I don't want it to require manual work every single order, as it currently does .

anyway any zenners out there!

Look this is really URGENT for us

If someone can help us automate this please send me a PM or email me dave 'at' apeshop.com, even being able to send them links to a decent ABN invoice in HTML format would help! (current one unsatisfactory, must be like admin/invoice.php as explained above)

cheers
    ApeShop.com - Mobile Cell Phones, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Lenses, iPods, PSPs, Watches & more!
    http://www.apeshop.com/

Have you tried PDF center.

Allows you to select all orders, by various criteria, create and print PDF invoices/ship docs, labels etc.... Also changes status of all orders and more.

Excellent contribution.

re
    andy

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I so emplathise with what you are going though. I have to email out about 300 invocies monthly for our office tenants, and am going thouh the same issues as what you are facing. I have come up with the following solution: I have downloaded a program called workspace macro, which effectively "records" my keystrokes, and then just just repeats them over and over again. Then, I import the 300 odd invoices into my accounting pacakge, aftwewhich I run the macro overnight, which pdf's each individualy invoice, (ie. file, print, pdf), and saves it as the repective invocie number which is the file name.

Hope this makes sense.

However, I cannot work out how to automate the emailing out of th individual invoces...so i do this manually.

Let me know how this gets on for you.

I used this package before when creating PDF invoices for a client, I never used it with Zen cart but I may well look into it.
    See: tallapplications.com

Basically you can send an XML file to the package, it will create an invoice from a template of your own design from the fields you supply in XML. You can then choose to Print, save or email the PDF docuemrnt.

The package is designed to run automaicatlly in the background or as a service. The template you create is saved as a project. The PDF creater can be excuted from the command line and you can specify the project. The project can do all the actions relating to the project automatically in the packground.

It maybe a little expensive for your budget, but with 300 invoices it would pay for itself, you can also ask the guys at tallapps if it has ever been used with zen cart or there maybe alternatives out there on the market..

Just a thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12