Plugin Contributions

help question Information Sidebox with extra internal links and Links Sidebox with external links,

Hi Zenners,

I would like to add links to another 6 new pages from the INFORMATION sidebox (along with shipping, privacy, conditions, contact us, site map).

I would also like ANOTHER SIDEBOX with the heading LINKS (and for the heading to link to my links page). In this sidebox I would like to be able to easily add mostly direct text links to external websites, also some buttons linking directly to other websites, and at the bottom a text link ‘Link Exchange’ linking to my links page).

Can somebody please advise the best and easiest way to do this? I saw the About Us mod in the downloads section to create new pages. But IMPORTANT – how do I add an external or internal text link to the information sidebox?

I gather I can easily create new pages using EZ-Pages, but these end up in their own “Important Links” sidebox, whereas I want them in the “information” sidebox with the other links. Maybe I could just make the Important Links sidebox my new “Information” sidebox by adding the links to shipping, privacy, conditions, contact us, site map etc as internal links and then adding the rest as EZ-Pages, and then just hide the old “Information” sidebox?

But then I want another EZ-Page box for all my Links to external websites? And I gather can’t have two sideboxes with EZ-Page links in them? Maybe I could just create a blank sidebox for all my links and insert the text and button links manually? I just downloaded Link Manager v3.1.1 does anyone know does this allow DIRECT STATIC TEXT LINKS in the sidebox?

So basically I would like two sideboxes, one called INFORMATION with lots of INTERNAL LINKS and one called LINKS with mostly EXTERNAL links and buttons? whats the best way guys?

cheers appreciate help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Information Sidebox with extra internal links and Links Sidebox with external lin

Quote Originally Posted by apemusic View Post
    Hi Zenners,

I would like to add links to another 6 new pages from the INFORMATION sidebox (along with shipping, privacy, conditions, contact us, site map).

I would also like ANOTHER SIDEBOX with the heading LINKS (and for the heading to link to my links page). In this sidebox I would like to be able to easily add mostly direct text links to external websites, also some buttons linking directly to other websites, and at the bottom a text link ‘Link Exchange’ linking to my links page).

Can somebody please advise the best and easiest way to do this? I saw the About Us mod in the downloads section to create new pages. But IMPORTANT – how do I add an external or internal text link to the information sidebox?

I gather I can easily create new pages using EZ-Pages, but these end up in their own “Important Links” sidebox, whereas I want them in the “information” sidebox with the other links. Maybe I could just make the Important Links sidebox my new “Information” sidebox by adding the links to shipping, privacy, conditions, contact us, site map etc as internal links and then adding the rest as EZ-Pages, and then just hide the old “Information” sidebox?

But then I want another EZ-Page box for all my Links to external websites? And I gather can’t have two sideboxes with EZ-Page links in them? Maybe I could just create a blank sidebox for all my links and insert the text and button links manually? I just downloaded Link Manager v3.1.1 does anyone know does this allow DIRECT STATIC TEXT LINKS in the sidebox?

So basically I would like two sideboxes, one called INFORMATION with lots of INTERNAL LINKS and one called LINKS with mostly EXTERNAL links and buttons? whats the best way guys?

cheers appreciate help!
    *I* personally (not saying its the best way, LOL) would use the About Us Mod to help you learn how to add more internal pages to the regular "Information" box. Then you'd be able to edit their text through the "Tools", "Define Pages Editor" in the admin.

I'd then use ezpages for your external links. You can of course through the language file change the "More Information" title to "Links". The ez-pages also allows you to make it an external link that opens in a new window, vs. an actual page.