Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Occasional orders not going into the database

I'm having an issue after transferring servers. (Linux to Windows, if that makes any difference)

When orders are completed, the order confirmation is sent successfully, but the secondary email with the missing credit card numbers is not. Worse, the order is not entered into the database. The order numbers seemed to reset as well.

Any ideas?

Zen: 1.3.7

I've also got an issue with the per item module appearing when it shouldn't, but I'll post that in the appropriate forum.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not going into the database

There are a number off differences in Linux vs. Win servers.

1) For email, you need to make sure that the "old method" you used on the Linux server (probably "sendmail" -- the default with Zen) is indeed installed on that win server and you can access it.

More than likely, the email issue could be the fact that you need to alter the program that you are using (from within the Admin) "Configuration > Email Options" and set that to the proper info yoru new Win server requires.

It may require you to set the Email Transport Method to something different than your previous server.

It may also require you to enter settings for the fields near the bottom of that same section which look like this:
    SMTP Email Account Mailbox YourEmailAccountNameHere Info
    SMTP Email Account Password YourPasswordHere Info
    SMTP Email Mail Host mail.EnterYourDomain.com Info
    SMTP Email Mail Server Port 25

2) Make sure all your directory permissions are correctly set on your new server. Setting directory permissions under Windows is different than Linux.

3) For the database issues, I am not sure if you had to move that as well. If so, make sure you moved everything from your old DB to the new one. Also, what payment gateway are you using? Is it one that requires you to set the Return URL (PayPal) and if so, did you set it properly (assuming you had not originally pointed to the "domain name" -- rather than IP etc..).

Just some thoughts to go over while you are checking it all out.

Good luck!
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a similar issue... SOME orders don't make it into the database. Most do, but not all. All orders are successfully processed by Authorize.net. ZC version 1.3.7. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

A few more details... I have ot_total enabled. If I search for an order number, I will find it, but the order is a NEW order from a different customer. For example, order #256 from customer Joe Brown comes to me via email, but doesn't show up in ZC admin. I can search for and find order #256, but the order number is simply being re-assigned to a different order--nowhere can I find Joe Brown's order in ZC admin.

The last two times this happened, the missing orders were sent to Authorize.net multiple times, like Joe had perhaps clicked the Confirm Order button multiple times. All the orders show up in Authorize, none of them show up in ZC. I'm trying to determine if this is a characteristic of ALL missing orders or just these last two.

One of the possible causes of this problem that's occurred to me is a brief blip with PHP on the server. Occasionally with this web host, PHP goes down for about 1 second. Apparently, it's a bug in the Ensim control panel software. I haven't seen this happen on this particular website, but the problem is completely sporadic and so short that it's hard to nail it down. If PHP goes down for that 1 second right when Joe submits an order... I guess that would prevent it from being saved to the database... but then wouldn't the order NOT be passed to Authorize.net?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What addons/contributions have you installed?
    Have you installed and later removed any?
    What customizations have you made to your site?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well it turns out I'm an idiot.

There was an old file that wasn't overwritten and had instructions for the wrong
    database on the server. Bah.
    Last edited by colonel_t; 15 Jun 2007 at 05:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Occasional orders not going into the database

Thanks for confirming the nature of the problem.

Those old files can really bite nasty sometimes !!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What addons/contributions have you installed?
    This site is pretty simple, just the Authorize.net payment module and the MySQL backup plugin.

Have you installed and later removed any?
    About a week ago I upgraded the Authorize.net module, but this problem with occasional missing orders pre-dates that upgrade.

What customizations have you made to your site?
    A custom template, but most changes are in the CSS file and images. The fact that this seems to be an intermittent problem suggests to me that the theme is probably not an issue.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a similar problem. A client of mine has had 2 orders (one on 4/30 an one on 6/20) that have processed through Authorize.net (AIM) but don't show up in the Zen Cart admin. The customer accounts show up. This client has Authorize.net set to "authorize only". There are several authorizenet_aim orders in the database before, after and in between the missing orders. There aren't any missing order numbers in the order list. The orders don't show up when I look at the orders table in phpMyAdmin.

One other key factor to note is that the authorizenet table in the database does not contain a line for these missing orders. This makes me believe that the order died while waiting for a response from Authorize.net.

I'm waiting to find out what the customer experienced on this most recent missing order. The first one, the customer said that he lost connection and just called about the order rather than hitting refresh.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your comments, Rick! It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I just had another order go missing: it shows up in Authorize.net, but not in ZenCart.

I'm waiting to find out what the customer experienced on this most recent missing order. The first one, the customer said that he lost connection and just called about the order rather than hitting refresh.
    I find this particularly interesting because it seems that with every missing order, the user submits the order more than once--like perhaps they experienced a connection problem the first time around, so they re-submit the order.

It sure sounds like the handshake between Authorize.net and ZenCart fails. Any ideas for how to get around this issue?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast