Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Odd checkout experience

Hello Again,

Today, when I was processing an order for a customer over the phone, I ran into a problem. I used the Paypal checkout button, which redirected me to Paypal and put in his credit card info, etc, reviewed it, and then it took me back to our site for step1 of 3 in the checkout process. Everything worked uo to this part, clicked continue and went through step 2 of 3, (everything still ok) and clicked continue. On step 3 of 3, I encountered a problem. Went through the same problem twice and ran into the same problem. Instead of Paypal, the method of payment showed check/money order. I tried out a similar order with my credit card, and everthing turned out fine. What could be the problem? Thanks for any of your helpful input.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Odd checkout experience

Quote Originally Posted by active_electric View Post
    On step 3 of 3, I encountered a problem. Went through the same problem twice and ran into the same problem.
    What "problem" ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What "problem" ?
    The problem was when the customer used Paypla, it showed up as check/money order both times.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart?
    What addons/contributions have you installed?
    What other payment methods are activated?
    (If using v1.3.7, have you applied the latest PayPal patch for v1.3.7? -- located here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216 )

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am using ZenCart 1.3.7
    Contributions installed include: Return Authorization, Image Handler2, Zen-AuctionsV.095, USPS Patch 5-14
    The only methods of payment activated are the check/money order and the Paypal Express Checkout
    I haven't installed the new patch yet.

I'll try out the new patch and let you know if it happens again. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hello again,

I've uploaded the new patch, but it checkout still shows check/money order when I get to step 3 of 3, even though I've enter in the credit card information into Paypal. Also, I've noticed after upgrading my IE to 7, when I click on to certain pages in my website, I get a phishing alert. Could this be the problem? Thanks again for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Scratch the "phishing" problem. Appears Microsoft has set this up to gain more info on the website owners. Anyways, I am still having problems with the checkout, though.

Plugin Contributions

i had this same issue several times but it was never resolved.. so i ended up ditching PP and PP Express.. usually it happened on int'l orders but it started happening on domestic orders.. and thats where it crossed the line

Plugin Contributions

I am having exactly the same problem.

International customer selects Paypal as payment option, enters all necessary information but the transaction gets sent to our shop as a check/money order payment (even though this has been disallowed for international customers).

The customer's Paypal payment doesn't go through on that occasion but if we ask them to place the order again - it does proceed normally.

This has been happening mostly with customers wishing to pay without creating a Paypal account, entering their card details directly...quite worrying actually.

Have installed all the latest Paypal (June 17th) patches. This only started happening after we switched to Paypal express.
    Last edited by madison; 1 Jul 2007 at 05:22 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have the check/money order module installed/active? I had difficulty with this until I removed that module.
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast