Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express Not Allowing Discounts?

I am getting more and more customers saying the same thing: "I checked out with PayPal but it didn't factor in my store coupon or gift certificate."

I'm trying to figure out why that would be. The only thing I can think of is that some people are choosing to checkout by using the orange PayPal Express button from the Shopping Cart page, while others proceed to click the standard Checkout Button and go through the three step process of checking out through ZenCart before paying with the PayPal Express option.

Has this been addressed or brought up before?

For my PayPal Express settings, the "Express Checkout: Select Cheapest Shipping Automatically" and the "Express Checkout: Skip Payment Page" are both turned OFF.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

image problem Re: PayPal Express Not Allowing Discounts?

By the way, I just found out that when this is happening to this particular customer, he is NOT going through the orange PayPal Express button on the shopping cart page.

He is actually going through the store's normal checkout process: that is, he selects his shipping, enters his discount code, chooses to pay with PayPal, but then when he's taken to the paypal screen, the discount isn't there.

I am attaching the three pictures of the checkout process to show you what I mean. Any ideas? This only happens to certain people, because others who checkout with PayPal seem to have no problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MJMPay1.gif 
Views:	599 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	2164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MJMPay2.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	2165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MJMPay3.gif 
Views:	638 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	2166  

- Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Not Allowing Discounts?

* Bump * Anyone?
    - Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    This only happens to certain people, because others who checkout with PayPal seem to have no problems.
    What other patterns have you noticed? Similarities, etc between those that had the problem and those that did not?

Which PayPal patches have you installed?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I just got this email from the same customer who was complaining:

"Just as an update... it gets more interesting

I just did a PayPal order for Snowstorm in China.
    Order total was 4.85
    I applied my discount coupon and it came to 4.36
    When I got to PayPal, it said the total was 4.85
    When I got my email receipt FROM PAYPAL, the total was 4.36.

It seems that the only place this is appearing is on the PayPal checkout page, but the actual amount that I'm charged is correct."

So it looks like the initial page of PayPal only reflects the non-discounted price, but when you go through with the transaction, it is correct. Have you heard of this before?

I am running the latest and greatest Zen Cart as well as the latest PayPal Express patch to my knowledge.
    - Jeff

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem. 1.3.7 w/ latest paypal patch.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bodini View Post
    Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem. 1.3.7 w/ latest paypal patch.
    Nope, I never got an answer as to WHY it happens. All I know is that I think it's something to do with PayPal and Zencart. I just tell my customers to continue with the PayPal checkout process, and they should see the discount on the final page. If they don't and the purchase goes through without the discount, I tell them that I'll refund the extra money they overpaid.

Not a solution, but it's the only thing I know how to do at this point. If you happen to find anything out, let me know.
    - Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    Nope, I never got an answer as to WHY it happens. All I know is that I think it's something to do with PayPal and Zencart. I just tell my customers to continue with the PayPal checkout process, and they should see the discount on the final page. If they don't and the purchase goes through without the discount, I tell them that I'll refund the extra money they overpaid.

Not a solution, but it's the only thing I know how to do at this point. If you happen to find anything out, let me know.

I cant believe that we're the only two with this problem.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem, using latest patches for payPal WPP.

Anyone have any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the exact same issue. Latest version etc. Wasn't a very fun day launching my store and receiving this complaints

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast