Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Best Sellers Reloaded...

At present, it's not possible to display the bestsellers on category pages.

It also isn't possible to rank the products in a custom order.

I'll be working on an update soon and will probably include these new features.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Best Sellers Reloaded...

Hello Alex,

Great Addon thank you :)

I am trying to add the production description in bestseller reloaded.

I think I have to do it in best_sellers_reloaded.php.

i added this:

$list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' =>'class="centerBoxContentsBestSellers centeredContent back"' . ' ' . 'style="width:' . $col_width . '%;"',
    'text' => (($best_sellers->fields['products_image'] == '' and PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE_STATUS == 0) ? '' : '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($best_sellers->fields['products_id']), 'products_id=' . $best_sellers->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $best_sellers->fields['products_image'], $best_sellers->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_BEST_SELLERS_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_BEST_SELLERS_LISTING_HEIGHT) . '</a><br />') . '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($best_sellers->fields['products_id']), 'products_id=' . $best_sellers->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $best_sellers->fields['products_name'] . '</a><br />' . $products_price . '<br />' . $display_products_description);

which i think is correct.
    But i am not able to make it query the product description.

I tried add this: which i took form (tpl_products_new_default.php)
    but it doesnt work

$disp_text = zen_get_products_description($products_all->fields['products_id']);
    $disp_text = zen_clean_html($disp_text);
    $display_products_description = stripslashes(zen_trunc_string($disp_text, PRODUCT_ALL_LIST_DESCRIPTION, '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($products_all->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($products_all->fields['master_categories_id']) . '&products_id=' . $products_all->fields['products_id']) . '"> ' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>'));

Do you, please , have a idea of how should I do it?

Thank you,

Plugin Contributions

I installed this module as described, updated my CSS, activated via Index Listing, yet I can't seem to make the module appear on my index page: http://deadseamarket.com

I have confirmed all files, and the SQL patch.

Any ideas as to what I might be missing?

My ZC is 1.3.7

Thanks for any ideas or pointers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ecafe View Post
    Hello Alex,

Great Addon thank you :)

I am trying to add the production description in bestseller reloaded.

I think I have to do it in best_sellers_reloaded.php.

i added this:

$list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' =>'class="centerBoxContentsBestSellers centeredContent back"' . ' ' . 'style="width:' . $col_width . '%;"',
    'text' => (($best_sellers->fields['products_image'] == '' and PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE_STATUS == 0) ? '' : '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($best_sellers->fields['products_id']), 'products_id=' . $best_sellers->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $best_sellers->fields['products_image'], $best_sellers->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_BEST_SELLERS_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_BEST_SELLERS_LISTING_HEIGHT) . '</a><br />') . '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($best_sellers->fields['products_id']), 'products_id=' . $best_sellers->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $best_sellers->fields['products_name'] . '</a><br />' . $products_price . '<br />' . $display_products_description);

which i think is correct.
    But i am not able to make it query the product description.

I tried add this: which i took form (tpl_products_new_default.php)
    but it doesnt work

$disp_text = zen_get_products_description($products_all->fields['products_id']);
    $disp_text = zen_clean_html($disp_text);
    $display_products_description = stripslashes(zen_trunc_string($disp_text, PRODUCT_ALL_LIST_DESCRIPTION, '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($products_all->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($products_all->fields['master_categories_id']) . '&products_id=' . $products_all->fields['products_id']) . '"> ' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>'));

Do you, please , have a idea of how should I do it?

Thank you,
    I'm not sure if that information ($display_products_description) is available to use with Best Sellers Reloaded. It may require some custom coding to work.

I'll look at adding this feature in a future release, but I'm not sure when that will be. If you require this feature urgently please PM me and I can always write the code for you - for a small fee.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Alex
    Last edited by Alex Clarke; 24 Jan 2009 at 01:05 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by psychicpet View Post
    I installed this module as described, updated my CSS, activated via Index Listing, yet I can't seem to make the module appear on my index page: http://deadseamarket.com

I have confirmed all files, and the SQL patch.

Any ideas as to what I might be missing?

My ZC is 1.3.7

Thanks for any ideas or pointers.
    If you PM me your FTP and Zen Cart Admin details I can take a look to see what's wrong.

Plugin Contributions

i have installed this add on using the instructions. and im nto able to get the best sellers to display on the front page either. i'm using zen cart v 1.38a. any help would be great.

Thanks
    Mike

Kurve Media

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KurveMedia View Post
    i have installed this add on using the instructions. and im nto able to get the best sellers to display on the front page either. i'm using zen cart v 1.38a. any help would be great.

Thanks
    Mike

Kurve Media
    Sorry for the late reply... I ended up running into the same issue myself!

The following code, should provide a quick fix.

Code:
    <?php // bof - Best Sellers Reloaded v1.1 - aclarke - 2007-07-22 ?>
    <?php if (SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_MAIN_BEST_SELLERS != 0) { ?>
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_best_sellers_reloaded.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_best_sellers_reloaded.php'); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php // eof - Best Sellers Reloaded v1.1 - aclarke - 2007-07-22 ?>
    Let me know if you require any further assistance.

All the best,

Alex

Plugin Contributions

Hi guy’s,

I wonder if you can help me I’ve had the best seller reload mod installed for a while but haven’t used it because I couldn’t figure out a few things?

I want it to display my best selling items for the week,

I also want to rename the tile of the box to this weeks best sellers,
    I have already changed some of the code so that none of our items mark free show up but I’m stuck on trying to add a rule for 1 week!!

I want the best sellers to rotate just like the items in the featured and new products do,

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

I guess that this is quite an old thread now but I installed this mod last night but cannot get it to show on main page either.

The above code 'fix' - which file should I put this in and is it in addition to existing code or is it replacement?

Many thanks Alex

Rob
    if elephants could fly, I'd be a little more optimistic....

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Best Sellers Reloaded...

Same as above. Would be great to have all the info together in a "fixed" update for those of us that don't know what code goes where. I'd love to use this mod so my free stuff would stop showing as a best seller. Anyone?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast