Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Can't See Shopping Cart Box?

I have one customer who emailed me yesterday and said she was putting items in her cart, only to have them disappear moments later. She also informed me that she could not see the shopping cart side box even after she had added items to her cart.

I am flumoxed. No one else is having this issue and I even did a couple of test orders to see if i could see what she was talking about.

She gets frustrated VERY easily and these things seem to only happen to her, but to be on the safe side, i thought I would ask if anyone else had ever had this issue or if you could offer any direction to go.

I really think it may be computer operator error, but its a challenge to tell a customer that without offending them, ya know?

thanks in advance!
    kristi

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Can't See Shopping Cart Box?

What browser is she using on what operating system?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Can you reproduce this by adding something to the shopping cart then logging into your site to discover it is gone?

If so, what are your session settings?

Most likely your server is not setup to work with Recreate Sessions ... perhaps ask your hosting site about this as Recreate Sessions is more secure ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

ok, first --she uses internet explorer and windows XP

I did just change hosters this past weekend but craftzombie helped me get everything in with perfection :) I am now indebted to her for life :)

According to my customer, she was not signed in. She was just putting stuff in her cart. She says it all disappeared.....however, for the record, I was watching who's online at the time and saw every item she had in her cart. She finally timed out and then it disappeared (from my end at least).

When I told her that i thought the items would only stay in the cart if she was signed in, she did in fact log in, but immediately emailed me stating she could not see the cart side box. I then told her that it was my understanding that she actually needed to put something IN her cart for the cart side box to show up. She said she did, she said she still didnt see the cart box.

I immediately signed in to my account, put something in my cart....verified the cart side box was there with my items in it and even followed all the way through on the sale to make sure it worked properly.

I will go right now and see if I can reproduce this as Ajeh suggests. Will be back with my findings.

*looks at Ajeh* um, session settings? um...

Plugin Contributions

alrighty, well, i went to my shopping cart and added something to my cart while I WAS NOT logged in. It showed up in my shopping cart side box just fine.

Then i logged into my account....and voila....shopping cart side box still there with my items also still there.

I really think this is her.....there have been times that she has said she has completed an entire order, was taken to paypal, made the payment and it never shows up anywhere....not my email for orders, not my customer order dropdown, not paypal....

I just think sometimes she gets confused or frustrated and just presses a wrong button :) This is an ongoing problem with just this one person.

but....wanna cover all my bases just in case :)

thanks for the help!!

Plugin Contributions

oh and btw......my recreate session is set to true :)

Plugin Contributions

What happened was this ...

She added stuff to the cart ...

Then ... the dog started to chase the cat and the kids went racing after the dog ... naturally she had to race after the kids ...

Around the house and down the street they ran until the cat leaped over the fence which the dog couldn't climb which let the kids catch the dog and she caught the kids ...

Then, after finally dragging them all home some 24 minutes later ... eeks! 24 minutes later?!

That means her session timed out! ... as you saw in the whos_online ... then she logged in ... but all was still lost ... she wasn't logged in before the race down the street so all those products were not in her shopping cart and linked to her account ...

Had she been logged in ... and had she taken 2 days to get back ... her products would still be sitting in the shopping cart when she logged in again ...

But alas, she was not logged in and her session did time out and everything simply goes *poof*!!

We call it security ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yeah :) She did email me back...i had not done anything differently or changed anything and she says.....and I quote...

"my shopping cart is back and everything is in it! you are amazing!!"

I didnt do a thing, but I will let her still think i am amazing....LOL

Chalk this one up to computer operator error :) and what you said too!