Plugin Contributions

Default Email with CC never received

I have had several orders now and this has only happened once...I never received and email confirmation of an order or the middle cc information.

Is there any way to retrieve this information thru Zen-Cart. I cannot go back to the customer for this info. or I will look stupid-so I will eat the cost if I have to...but I would think there would be a back up for the middle cc numbers in case this happens.....12 orders since i launched....this has only happened once....

Can anyone help?!?!?!?!?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email with CC never received

Being the whole point of splitting this so that the # is not retained - it is not recorded anywhere in the DB.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I figured-but wanted to be sure that there was not a place it was stored in the admin...well this sucks b/c now I am out a decent amount of money.....this is scary since I am new to Zen......thanks for your repsonse though .....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You should still be able to talk to your customer about it.

Most will be understanding and give you the information you need. If they're concerned that you might charge them twice, ask them to check their CC balance or wait for their statement to come in, and then proceed.

If they want to think badly of you, then you don't have to ship the products to them ... since you never actually collected payment. At least then you're not out, and neither are they.

As a possible precautionary measure against it happening again, you could set up an email 'forwarding' account in your hosting control panel. Point the forwarder to 2 or 3 email addresses. Then use the forwarder's alias as the email address in the ZC settings for the CC email address. This way those 2 or 3 email accounts will *all* get all the CC middle-digits emails. You can delete them if needed, but if for some reason one gets lost or blocked as possible spam etc, hopefully the others don't.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.