Plugin Contributions

help question Newbie questions

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could answer a couple of newbie questions I have. I have looked through the boards and cannot appear to find anything that answers the following questions:

1, When I list a new product the text is showing continuously as one whole paragraph. How can I stop this from happening as my products don't look right on the website?

2, My items are not showing the correct price. If you look at the product it lists the correct price. However when you go to my website it shows an incorrect price. When I go to Products Price Manager it states Preview only...Current price status...preview only. How do I get the correct prices to show?

3, I understand how to change the default text and logos however, I am unsure as to how to actually locate these files. Please can you let me know where I can locate the files so I can edit them?

4, My date sequence is M/D/Y how and where do I change this to D/M/Y?

Thank you for looking and I really hope someone can help me during this frustrating time of being a beginner
    [FONT=Calibri][/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie questions

Yes, these things can be frustrating when you are first learning how to use Zen Cart.

Unfortunately you haven't really provided enough information for us to attempt to answer these questions. Your questions 1 and 2 are not normal Zen Cart behaviour and you haven't told us how you put the information in or given us a link to see it in action, so we have no basis for diagnosing the problem.

Similarly for question 3 where you don't tell us specifically which text you wish to change and as we don't know which template you are using and whether it is using the default logo or one from the template itself, this question is unanswerable (or would take disproportionate time to list all the possibilities). Though I would add that this question is addressed in the FAQ and has also been answered many times before in the forums for specific items of text.

Your question 4 would probably be well-answered by this wiki entry so I'll just refer you there, rather than repeat what it says.

Some general advice. You'll get quicker answers if you put just one question (or at least related questions) in each thread, with a link to the site with the problem and a specific explanation of what you see as the problem and how you got to that point. This makes it easier for many site members to apply their experience and expertise to your question. If you put several questions a single post, you will tend to find yourself waiting for somebody who knows all the answers to come along, and sadly, that person may not exist. You can, of course, create several threads one after the other for each of your problems.

If you don't get a response (which is unusual) it either means that nobody knows the answer, or you haven't provided enough information or that you have asked something which is simply too complex to reply to in a forum thread (though you'll usually get a high level answer back). Best approach is to try posting with additional information. Please do not send private messages to other forum members - this undermines the mutual help ethos that underpins this forum and says that problems are solved publicly for the benefit not just of the person who has it now, but also for other forum members who may have it in the future.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)