Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding New Product_types

And there is no new category button in "Categories / Products - Top".

Plugin Contributions

To add new product types seems to be a whole lot of work and a source for many errors. Would it not be more wisely for some one who understand how to do it to do a bunch of standard types. They can bee just named A,B, C and so on because it seems to be possible to name them to something reconcilable in the php admin interface or do I missed something?

Is it even necessary to add more product types?

Plugin Contributions

I posted this as a new topic but didn't get any responses, perhaps this thread is a better place to ask this question:

Zen Cart: v1.3.9h

I'm adding a new product type, and have got the preview_info.php working no problem when I create a new product or edit a product via the admin Catalog->Categories/Products page.

The problem is for existing products that I have already created and I click on the "Preview" icon in the list view under the Catalog->Categories/Products page.

My preview_info.php loads, but all the defines I use for my printout are not being translated to show the correct output.

Example, in /admin/includes/languages/english/product_<my_type>.php I have:

PHP Code:
      define('TEXT_DIMENSIONS_PREVIEW',          'Dimensions: %s'); 
    This appears correctly when I get to preview_info.php when creating a new product or editing an existing one.

PHP Code:
     Dimensions200 x 100 x 50 mm 
    But when I click on the "Preview" icon, it displays incorrectly:

PHP Code:
    TEXT_DIMENSIONS_PREVIEW 
    I have tracked down this "Preview" link to /admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php, but can't figure out what's wrong.

It is definitely resolving to point to the correct preview_info.php that I have in /admins/includes/modules/product_<my_type>/preview_info.php, but some how, the defines php file is not getting included.

Plugin Contributions

A quick and easy way to reproduce the above in the demo site is described in my original thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...76#post1015076

Plugin Contributions

Hi I have been trying to add new product type but have failed.

i have tried instructions from 3 different sources and still cant manage to get any reaction.

1. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43663
    2. http://smallbusinessconsultingexpert...duct_types.php
    3. http://blog.kineticpulse.co.uk/2010/...-zen-cart.html

Why i say i have failed is because i cant see them as input when i select new product type and create new product under that product type.

what is it im doing wrong if i dont see it in the create new product page ?(action=new_product)

or rather what is the basic step to get it appear there first.

Plugin Contributions

Help: I was in Catalog-then Product types-then I edited Product-general and try to put it back to the way it was-but....I think I messed up where you put the product handler information. I thought it was product_general and the last part I clicked This product should be considered a sub-type of (then I put Product-General). When I try to add my very first product after I made a category for it, I get 404 admin error-but if I choose product-music, document general etc. it will let me add a product.
    So I guess, I need what to put in the product handler spot and what should I choose from the drop down in the the sub-caterory box.
    I CANNOT add one product until I fix this

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OwlHollow
    then I edited Product-general
    Maybe you did not restore it correctly

Get a fresh replacement from a new distribution
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OwlHollow View Post
    Help: I was in Catalog-then Product types-then I edited Product-general and try to put it back to the way it was-but....I think I messed up where you put the product handler information. I thought it was product_general and the last part I clicked This product should be considered a sub-type of (then I put Product-General). When I try to add my very first product after I made a category for it, I get 404 admin error-but if I choose product-music, document general etc. it will let me add a product.
    So I guess, I need what to put in the product handler spot and what should I choose from the drop down in the the sub-caterory box.
    I CANNOT add one product until I fix this
    The correct "handler" for Product-General is "product".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

THANK YOU-Here is a big HUG!! I have sat here idle since yesterday afternoon-and here it took one minute for a kind person to help me-thank you so much!!

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys, i don't know how active this thread still is, but i couldn't find anyone else with a similar issue. I'm trying to add a new product type for DVD's, but it just doesn't show anything when i try to actually create a product in the catalog with that type! It shows up as a choice down where it says product type, but then when i create new, it shows this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /*/*/*/*/product_dvd.php on line 11

I have made its own directory in the admin/includes/modules as a handler, and made the handler file to call it, and then i added a language file for it - i mostly copied from the music format since i wanted to add extra fields like studio and genre. then i made the catalog template files. i really don't know what i've missed, i've been pouring over the handler file for days, but i can't figure out what's wrong! it seems to match the exact format as the product_music file, and the languages file seems fine too! UGH! does anyone know what i might be missing?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast