Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

v0.4 is out.. fixed a bug that was not deleting the authors when a book was deleted.

Plus some additional comments in the docs,

http://www.zen-cart.com/modules/mydownload...wcat.php?cid=41

Plugin Contributions

jazzyjus,

thanks for the updated module. how can I get the author's name onto the 'New Items for Month' section on the homepage, and also when viewing a whole category ('products-all)?

thanks.

Plugin Contributions

tatlar:
    This is not the best (most efficient) way to do this but it would take too much time for me to explain how to do it otherwise...

In file includes/modules/products_all_listing.php, paste this code under line 196 (after the php code).

Code:
     <tr>
      <td colspan="3" valign="top" class="main">
       <?php

$products_id = $products_all->fields['products_id'];

$sql = "select * from " . TABLE_PUBS_BOOK_AUTHOR . " 
         where products_id = '" . $products_id . "' order by list_order";
     $authors = $db->Execute($sql);
    	$products_authors = array();
    	while (!$authors->EOF) {
      $products_authors[] = $authors->fields['author_name'];
      $authors->MoveNext();
     }
     $products_authors_combined = implode(', ',$products_authors);

echo $products_authors_combined;
       ?>
      </td>
     </tr>
    I would assume you do the same for products_new_listing.php for new listing for the month!

Have fun! :)

Plugin Contributions

Code:
    # delete if exists
    DELETE zen_product_type_layout FROM zen_product_type_layout zptl,zen_product_types zpt WHERE zpt.type_id = zptl.product_type_id AND zpt.type_handler = 'pubs_product_book';
    Hi Jazzyjus & others

I tried this sql too (without prefixes) in the admin sql patch method, but it seems to me, without the prefixes (as required) the zen interpret code is faulty, it just gives up on interpreting this more complex sql.

It can't handle the multiple table references I think. I tried the alternative sql as advised in mysql, without the aliases, it still did not work.

Oh btw jazzyjus et al,

I've got a finished file set here for an extended book product with more fields and a new product layout, works on 1_2_4 file set only (modified the new 124 files with my existing coding where necessary)

[I'm setting up a cart to sell a few books I have, and already have an asp database with a few hundred books in, which I run on my personal asp-run site. I did all the coding for that some years back, but now think php is more fun and avoids .net with its expensive software. Php is like plasticine, it seems rarely to trip up.]

My book products code can also optionally insert data directly, to make new book products, from an existing Access database, if an ODBC set up for Access can be put in the server. and one does have to do some simple fields names interface coding for your particular existing access db fields setup.. Its designed to insert the data product by product, its not a 'bulk data' fix.

[ I tried that not-so-easy easypopulate offering, but found it lacking in explanation, and would not handle cases where existing database entries fields were just unsuitable.

For instance, my Access db had authors and editors fields separate, I conditionally combine them for zencart authors fields, in php code, for my example database offering]

I'm running my mods on a windows machine locally, but would appreciate a couple of friendly beta testers (with test carts 1_2_4) to check out if I got it right enough.

Because the book offering uses the 'short description' field, that download (modified) is included in my offering, and that meant changing the coding for the general product types as otherwise they can't enter the new short description field text in admin.

I didn't bother with music yet, it just shows a blank for short description.

so it did mushroom a bit.

Any offers of beta testing before I make it more public?
    I wouldn't like to upset those running live carts by going public prematurely with it not fully debugged. The zencart download section is a bit all-or-nothing.

No way do I want to say I'm experienced enough zenwise to do all the coding just as zen does, but its working for me and all the files are marked where the mods are.

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by hareslade@Feb 25 2005, 01:10 PM
    Code:
    # delete if exists
    DELETE zen_product_type_layout FROM zen_product_type_layout zptl,zen_product_types zpt WHERE zpt.type_id = zptl.product_type_id AND zpt.type_handler = 'pubs_product_book';

I tried this sql too (without prefixes) in the admin sql patch method, but it seems to me, without the prefixes (as required) the zen interpret code is faulty, it just gives up on interpreting this more complex sql.
    Yup, for this mod to work you need to feed it into something like phpMyAdmin (and manually change the zen_ prefix to whatever prefix you're using) as some of the sql will not work using the sql_patch tool. (If you read the book product_type readme, I think it says that)

If using sql_patch is something that is really needed, I'll look into changing the sql's so it becomes compatible with sql_patch.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jazzyjus nice to see you are around

In the book readme you said the sql didn't work, but nothing more.

Its nice to know it's the admin sql inport faulty, not the sql :)

How do you stand now on the book product demo, are you doing any more on it?

I still hope someone will check out my mods if they have the time.

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by gaussboy@Sep 17 2004, 12:18 AM

Hopefully this will do more good than harm. Let me know if anything is unclear, missing, or just plain wrong. I'll try to put the instructions for the admin section up later on.
    Gaussboy,

Thanks so much for posting that summary of creating a new product type. That saves me hours of sleuthing! Really great. A few questions though...

When you say "This only covers the catalog section" do you mean that you still need to adjust the basket or order review to handle your type? Also, what sort of things did you end up adding to your products? Is this just how you handled adding additional fields that you needed?

(I hope you're still around, I see your post is 6 months old.)

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

The v0.5 version of book_product_type is available.
    Since I can't post it now (mod upload is disabled), here's the link:

http://www.talkloud.com/zen/zen_demo_book_v0.5.zip

v0.5:
    Now you can use Zen's Install SQL Patches utility to create the new tables (Thanks DrByte!)

Plugin Contributions

And just in case one is wondering... so what's the difference from 0.4b.. well the SQL in 0.4b wasn't right (there was a small bug) and the instructions wasn't updated to reflect the new method of creating tables.

Plugin Contributions

And some notes on how to do slightly more advanced customizations with it.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast