I come from a long history of working and developing with osC, but I am trying to leave the dark side and come into the light with ZC.

I'm in the process of trying to port an osC payment module over to ZC. I found that using the basic CC payment module as a model, I was able to convert the osC payment module mostly by changing some of the differences in function calls.

Now the real challenge comes in that this particular payment module also calls for changes in other standard files, for example payment_process.php, this is where things are really starting to get different and I'm a little lost where to go.

I have however been studying the information in the wiki to come to an understanding of how things are put together in ZC. In particular I'm trying to wrap my brain around the architecture of application_top. I'm somewhat familiar with the auto-loader concept from other development work I have done and the concept of overrides.

The immediate question I have is that I need to make some additions to filenames.php and database_tables.php. Is it correct form to add to these files or should a custom version of these files be created and the additions placed there?

And if someone wants to give me a hint or two about working with changes to payment_process.php or other such files, that would be cool too.

Thanks,
stage