Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default "Attribute Required for Text" - what would make it stop working?

I've recently run into a problem that is a showstopper for me. Basically none of my "Attribute required for text" fields are validating - people can add the items to their shopping cart without filling in the fields. They used to work, but no longer do and I'm not quite sure what the triggering event was that made them stop working.

My cart can be found here

If I knew what file had the actual validation logic I can try and look through it, but I haven't been able to determine which file it is or what fields I'm looking for.

There are two people on this board I've run across who have the same issue, but I haven't been able to determine what our common element is.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Attribute Required for Text" - what would make it stop working?

shopping_cart class or the functions_lookups manage this ...

Sounds like you may have something blocked or out of date ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. This is what I've tried so far in my trouble-shooting:
    1. It looked like the field in question is called "attributes_required" and I did a search on that field using the developer tools. The field was referenced in 4 Admin files and 2 Catalog files:

admin/attributes_controller.php
      admin/includes/functions/general.php
      admin/includes/languages/english/attributes_controller.php
      admin/options_values_manager.php
      includes/classes/shopping_cart.php
      includes/functions/functions_lookups.php

2. I installed a fresh ZenCart in another domain in another directory and compared the files I had with the fresh install. They were identical.
    3. I had previously run some SQL's on the zen_products_attributes table to update some prices, so I figured I'd double-check in phpMyAdmin that nothing got screwed up. The 'attributes_required' field in that table looked good, and the correct fields looked like they had a '1' in them. Also, the Admin UI correctly shows the setting of that field.
    Any other trouble-shooting tips or hints on what I could look at?

Plugin Contributions

I'd really have to see the database and site to know what would be preventing this from working ...

There are no problems that we are aware of in the current release ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I also ran into the same problem after restoring my database. Have you got any feed back on this ??

I have took the database table before the last backup and I restored the tables, but encountering the same issue.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, actually I did find the solution in this thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57828

Hope it works for you!

Plugin Contributions

No, this is not the solution.

Plugin Contributions

Switch to Classic Template ... does it work?

What add-ons are you using?

What version of Zen Cart?

Clean install or an Upgrade?

How did you install?

How did you upgrade?

Has this ever worked for you?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Switch to Classic Template ... does it work? No change

What add-ons are you using? Store Credit, Invoice,

What version of Zen Cart? 1.3.7

Clean install or an Upgrade? Clean Install, was working before, nothing been added or removed.

How did you install? copying via ftp. The cart was working fine.

How did you upgrade? Not applicable

Has this ever worked for you? Yes

The system was working like a dream. I wanted to add a price on monthly hosting package and it is then that I got this error
    ##############################___

Plugin Contributions

There was something really dumb the other day ... where a setting was missing from someone's database that was causing this ...

Think ... Think ... Think ...

I remember!!!

Google Site map is one possibility where it wipes out some settings ...

The other is that any of these are missing from the configuration table ...

In the Tools ... Insert SQL Patch ... enter these:
    PHP Code:
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Product option type Select''PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT''0''The number representing the Select type of product option.'0NULL'2007-03-19 17:57:39''2007-03-19 17:57:39'NULLNULL);
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Upload prefix''UPLOAD_PREFIX''upload_''Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options'0NULL'2007-03-19 17:57:39''2007-03-19 17:57:39'NULLNULL);
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Text prefix''TEXT_PREFIX''txt_''Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values'0NULL'2007-03-19 17:57:39''2007-03-19 17:57:39'NULLNULL);
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Image Handler Version''IH_VERSION''2.0''This is used by image handler to check if the database is up to date with uploaded image handler files.'0100NULL'2007-06-06 16:47:03'NULL'zen_cfg_textarea_small('); 

edited for buzz word: fix attributes required requiring requires for text is broken or stopped working
    Last edited by Ajeh; 17 May 2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: to locate it easier
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast