Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: "Attribute Required for Text" - what would make it stop working?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post

In the Tools ... Insert SQL Patch ... enter these:
    PHP Code:
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Product option type Select''PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT''0''The number representing the Select type of product option.'0NULL'2007-03-19 17:57:39''2007-03-19 17:57:39'NULLNULL);
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Upload prefix''UPLOAD_PREFIX''upload_''Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options'0NULL'2007-03-19 17:57:39''2007-03-19 17:57:39'NULLNULL);
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Text prefix''TEXT_PREFIX''txt_''Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values'0NULL'2007-03-19 17:57:39''2007-03-19 17:57:39'NULLNULL);
    INSERT INTO `configurationVALUES ('''Image Handler Version''IH_VERSION''2.0''This is used by image handler to check if the database is up to date with uploaded image handler files.'0100NULL'2007-06-06 16:47:03'NULL'zen_cfg_textarea_small('); 
    Thanks Ajah. This has helped resolve the problem we were having (at http://case-badges.com/ ).

We have v 1.3.8a. Lots of add-ons and heavily customized.

Thought it was one of the customizations we have made that required image upload based on a specific radio selection, but this appears not to be the case.

Cannot specifically point out which add-on destroyed the DB entries without digging in any further.

As much as we all love our contributors, some need to be a little more cautious, especially when updating the database tables. Of course we, the developers also have the responsibility to thoroughly test the add-ons before going live with them.

Thanks.
    Case Badges by Techiant

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this solved your issues ...

Also, be sure to peek at the threads for;

Known Bug Fixes v1.3.8 ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...717#post659717

USPS Patch for current version ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97461

Security Patches ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108428

Good luck with your shop!
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SirBuck View Post
    AWESOME! Thank you Ajeh!
    Also, this worked for me.
    I just installed Simple SEO URL mod and then noticed that my text required had disappeared.
    So many thanks for the fix.
    Steven

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nedward View Post
    Also, this worked for me.
    I just installed Simple SEO URL mod and then noticed that my text required had disappeared.
    So many thanks for the fix.
    Steven
    I dont see how SSU can affect this in any way though, since it does not touch the fields mentioned above at all.

The only mod I know so far that messed it up is IH2.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

many thanks for this solution, which also solved my problem. I don't know which mod caused it because I installed a few and only later noticed the problem.

I only had to add my DB prefix in front of "configuration" in the SQL code.

Regards,

Denis

Plugin Contributions

I'm not using either the Google Sitemaps addon or Image Handler 2, but I'm having the same problem: some of my items have one or more required text fields, but zen cart lets the items be ordered without anything in these fields. No error message appears.

Does the fix above apply even without the mentioned addons?

I'm pretty sure this used to work fine for me. The only things I've added recently are the security patch for 1.3.8, and Quick Updater. I also have Easy Populate, but I'm pretty sure the required fields were working fine after I added that.

Any other ideas?
    Thanks.

P.S.
    The cart I'm setting up is at:
    http://beadsnmorejewelry.com

Most of the items with the required text fields are in the Bracelets>Name, Spirit, Mommy Bracelets section.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I got brave.
    After backing up my database and while I was still in phpMyAdmin, I looked at the zen_configuration table to verify that the lines that the fix suggests I modify indeed were not there. As I looked at the table I noticed some odd numbering of the config IDs that suggests that one of my addons might have overridden some lower config IDs, but I'm really not sure.

In any case, I went ahead and entered the first three INSERT commands (listed in #31 above) in the SQL query box in phpMyAdmin and made the modification of the configuration file name. Bravely pressed "Go" and Voila! It seems to have worked!

One question though . . . I didn't include the fourth INSERT command (re Image Handler) because I haven't installed the ImageHandler2 addon that many of the posts believed was the problem . . . or is that statement referring to some more generic version of an Image Handler??? Should I insert it anyway??

Thanks for everyone who has helped with this issue . . . I didn't realize addons could be so dangerous!

Plugin Contributions

Thankyou once again Ajeh, this patch has fixed the same problem in my project with v1.3.8a, the "required" text is still not showing but that should be pretty easy to fix now.

Plugin Contributions

I installed the SQL patch and set a TEXT box as required, now when I try adding a product without updating the TEXT box, The product is not added and I don't get any message either, it just says shopping cart is empty, However when I update the required TEXT box the product is added.

Can some one help me in getting the "required variable message" to work again

URL http://silkoptions.com/plain-top-dup...-100-p-85.html

The TEXT filed with required option is "Width"

Plugin Contributions

And if you turn off the SEO/rewrites does it work?

How about if you switch to the Classic Template?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast