Plugin Contributions

red flag Customizing sideboxes/banners

Hi,

I installed the v1.3.7 and are over the process of customizing many things over the main shopping page. I did changes to the sideboxes (colors, text, etc) but I can't find where to change the following:

a) The Zen Cart images in all 3 sideboxes/banners over the main shopping page to place others ads. I've been looking for the location of the files for three days and I can't find the directory where they are... Could you please help me and tell me where are thay?

b) When I downloaded the v1.3.7 I also downloaded a patch for this same version (zen-cart-v1.3.7-xss-patch.zip). What is this patch fixing out? Can I run it any time?

Thank you very much. I appreciate in advance all your effor in answering back this post.

AngelT

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customizing sideboxes/banners

a) The images are located in the images/banners folder, but their appearance is controlled via the Admin > Tools > Banner Manager function.

b) You can read more about the reason for the XSS patch here. You can run this anytime, though it's unlikely that you would need to.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Customizing sideboxes/banners

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    a) The images are located in the images/banners folder, but their appearance is controlled via the Admin > Tools > Banner Manager function.

b) You can read more about the reason for the XSS patch here. You can run this anytime, though it's unlikely that you would need to.
    ===================================================

Thank you very much for your help! I created an image and then rename the existing one and put it name to the new one. And it's working fine!

I was expecting to modify coding to show up the image.

As per the patch I will not install it by now. I see that it is not necessary. What do you think?

Best Regards and have a GREAT DAY!

AngelT