Default Old customers to new database?

Hi all!

I wonder if someone can help with a problem I have?
    This is my first time using Zen, I've used other carts before, but lately ive gotten annoyed with the lack of options, constant problems with upgrades and the "give me the money" for support attitude.
    So I've decided to change cart, I really like what I see with Zen already.

My problem, I'm trying to import my customers from my old cart to my new set up, but I keep gettin this error:
    1054 Unknown column 'c.customers_group_pricing' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select c.customers_id, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_email_address, c.customers_group_pricing, a.entry_country_id, a.entry_company, ci.customers_info_date_of_last_logon, ci.customers_info_date_account_created , c.customers_telephone, a.entry_company, a.entry_street_address, a.entry_city, a.entry_postcode, c.customers_authorization, c.customers_referral from zen_customers c left join zen_customers_info ci on c.customers_id= ci.customers_info_id left join zen_address_book a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id order by ci.customers_info_date_account_created DESC limit 0, 20]
    Both carts are using the same DB, so i just renamed the old customer table. But that dont work. DB's is not my strong point, so if anyone has an anwser to my problem or a suggestion on the best way to do this, i'd be very grateful.

Thank you.

If i posted this in the wrong section please move it.

Default Re: Old customers to new database?

Well, i got rid of the error..
    But basically im tryin to import customer details and orders from osc db to zen. Not getting to far, anyone got any tips on this matter?

I seen a few threads on this but nothing with instructions on what to do.

Thanks.

ok,
    I got all the customers to the zen database and all the orders, but nothing shows up, when I click on the customer name there are no details, same for orders.

I think I'll stick with cre for now until this is solved as I cant afford to loss all my customers.

If a fix pops up, i'll gladly switch.

Plugin Contributions

Did you ever solve this, I guess it is a difference in structure, I exported cutomers form osc and then tried to import into zen, the import works but then I get the same error..

Any pointers

Plugin Contributions

Make sure that you are getting the tables:
    customers
    customers_info
    address_book

and upgrading the tables and fields correctly for the current Zen Cart v1.3.7.1 ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69769
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

How so??

I export using db structure via phpadmin, is the a conversion script available,??

what bits am I missing.

G

Plugin Contributions

Did you Gerard manage to do this?

Our new store is almost ready I just need to import customer records in to the new one. Old db is from 1.2.7 era. I only need their infos no orders etc...

So could you Ajeh please be so kind and let us know what has changed and what should I change in the structure?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by poosk View Post
    Our new store is almost ready I just need to import customer records in to the new one. Old db is from 1.2.7 era. I only need their infos no orders etc...

So could you Ajeh please be so kind and let us know what has changed and what should I change in the structure?
    Rather than trying to identify every little change, do it the easy way:
    Run a database-upgrade on your v1.2.7 database, and then copy those tables from old to new.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.