Plugin Contributions

Default Received payment, but no order in database

Hello-
    I am using Zen Cart 1.3.7, with Paypal IPN module. Apparently, one customer paid with an eCheck and no order ever showed up. However, my Paypal account shows that the check has cleared, and now the customer is unable to get the download. Is there a way to send a direct secure link? I know I could just upload the file temporarily to my server, send the link, and then remove the file after the customer downloads.

However, I also have other customers that cannot seem to find their download even when they have an order in the database. I just thought it might be easier if I could just send them their direct link to the download in an email.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Received payment, but no order in database

Be sure that you have loaded the current PayPal Patch for Zen Cart v1.3.7 and that you have carefully read the instructions through ... several times ... to install this ...

Installation is pretty simple but you do need to follow the bouncing ball in the instructions ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your answer. I went ahead and installed the patch with no problems. From what I'm gathering, it looks like the patch will prevent this problem from happening in the future. But, is there still any way of sending my customer the secure link for the downloads? Like I said before, I know that I could upload the file to someplace else on my server and send the link for a temporary fix.

Plugin Contributions

Not very easily ...

You would need to create an order for them and edit that to contain the settings ...

It would be easier to give them a private link or email the file to them if they can take a file of that size ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help, Linda!