Plugin Contributions

Default Changed 'admin' folder name for security & now cannot access stores 'admin' section

Hi all, I've looked through the threads that relate to this query and I'm sorry to start another one, but I couldn't find my answer.

As per the security recommendations, I went about changing my 'admin' folder's name to something else to guard against hacking. I went into my new 'NEWNAME/includes/dist-configure' and changed all instances of 'admin' to 'NEWNAME' and FTP'd the file to my site.

I then got an error message when I tried to access my shop's admin area at store/NEWNAME.

Worried, I've changed it all back but I'm still getting errors:

Warning: require(../../zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006/admin/includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/windowam/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 23

Warning: require(../../zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006/admin/includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/windowam/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 23

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006/admin/includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/windowam/public_html/store/admin/index.php on line 23
    After reading someone else's posts I realised I have configure.php and dist-configure.php file on my live site so I deleted the dist-configure.php and checked that the configure.php has only 'admin' references.

Can anyone advise what I should do to get back to square one?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changed 'admin' folder name for security & now cannot access stores 'admin' secti

Edit the includes/configure.php as per the instructions.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changed 'admin' folder name for security & now cannot access stores 'admin' secti

Hi Kim, thanks for your response. I have originally edited the files as per the instruction in the Important Site Security Recommendations step 2. Making these changes is what seems to have caused my error and making the changes again doesn't help.

My admin/includes/configure.php file now reads as below, all I have changed is the word 'admin' to 'Admin101' in three instances:
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.windowambience.com.au');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.windowambience.com.au');
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.windowambience.com.au');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.windowambience.com.au');

// Use secure webserver for catalog module and/or admin areas?
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
    define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/store/Admin101/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/store/Admin101/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_TEMPLATE', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/windowam/public_html/store/Admin101/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/windowam/public_html/store/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
    define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
    define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', '');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '****');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '****');
    define('DB_DATABASE', '****');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'database');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/windowam/public_html/store/cache');
    Now the error I receive when going to mysite/Admin101 is:
    Warning: require(../../zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006/admin/includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/windowam/public_html/store/Admin101/index.php on line 23

Warning: require(../../zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006/admin/includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/windowam/public_html/store/Admin101/index.php on line 23

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006/admin/includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/windowam/public_html/store/Admin101/index.php on line 23
    I don't understand how I've messed it up when I followed the instructions provided. I especially don't understand when putting it back the way it was initially it still doesn't work. I must be missing something, but I can't spot it.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte helped me out with my answer in this thread http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66001, but basically my problem was I allowed Dreamweaver to update my paths automatically and incorrectly (in heaps of files) when I changed the admin folder name...