Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question How to hide all other shipping options when an order is eligible for free shipping?

Hi all,

Did a couple of searches on the forum but couldn't find anything... maybe I wasn't using the right keywords... anyway I really think this should be a default option but I have no idea how to make it work so here it goes...

I'm using Free Shipping Options along with Table Rate. Orders above $100 get free shipping. Everything else gets the Table Rate.

In my Free Shipping Options I have the following:

Total >=

Total <=

But when I try it with a test order, the Table Rate shipping option is displayed along with the Free Shipping. Which doesn't make sense in my case because I'm not offering any "overnight" or "express" shipping methods and why would anyone want to pay for Table Rate when they can get free shipping? It really does confuse the customers.

If this could not be achieved by changing settings in the admin, could anyone let me know how I could make it work maybe by changing the core codes or something?

Thanks in advance !

Shirley :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to hide all other shipping options when an order is eligible for free shippin

Anyone? :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to hide all other shipping options when an order is eligible for free shippin

Free shipping option it is "option" - you'll select the shipping method and carrier
    But if customer want the good overnight with UPS for example - you can offer overnight not free.
    If you have table rate module installed you do not need free shipping option module

Plugin Contributions

Hi irbis,

Thanks for your message, would you mind to let me know how do I have both weight-based shipping rates and amount-based free shipping using only the table rate module?

Thanks,
    Shirley

Plugin Contributions

bump :)

Plugin Contributions

... and what happens if you use the Admin> Modules> Order Totals> Shipping> Free shipping over $xx option ?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your message, I didn't think of using that option... stupid me... could that module be duplicated? I have different free shipping amounts for different zones...

Thanks !

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm having looked at the module I don't think this is what I need... unless it could work for different zones...

So now back to my question, how do I hide all other shipping methods when an order is eligible for free shipping?

(I have different free shipping amounts for different zones, say $100 for zone A and $200 for zone B, for example.)

Thanks in advance !

Plugin Contributions

Bump :)

(Having a feeling that I'll be heading to the commercial help forum soon...)

Shirley

Plugin Contributions

The Module for Shipping ot_shipping.php is best managed within the module ...

You could try setting different levels based on the zone selected ...

I am not sure off the top of my head how smoothly it would clone but as with any of the modules as long as it is producing the proper end result then you have nothing to lose in trying ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast