Plugin Contributions

Default Can't get into Admin. Database lockout

Hi Zen Gurus,

I'm officially a crazed woman now because my whole site is locked in the database and I can't get to it. Sorry about the lengthy post but I'm trying to get you the info you need the first time.

This all started last night when I got the bright idea to upgrade to IE7 (from 5.5 I think) because my dropdown menus weren't working in that browser but were in others and I thought that the upgrade might fix that. Okey dokey, no problem.

That done, I attempted to login to my zen admin to finish up some stuff and got an error message that I used the wrong password. When I tried to have them resend the password I got an error message that it wasn't a valid email.

So, 18 hours later and after reading every blessed post in the forum about this problem, cursing, crying and sweating and trying to understand what the heck you were all talking about, I finally got the idea.

Now I have gotten into mySQL database and ran the query string recommended in almost every post but now I find that I can't even get the login page to load to try the new Admin-admin passwords!

I get this:
    0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

What do I do now? I'm not leaving any 'blank fields' and I'm not typing anything in wrong. I just can't access anything to do with my site at all except through the mySQL and I don't really have a clue what's to do with what in there.

I used cut/paste to plug in the query string:
    DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin';
    INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level) VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1);

I need some serious help in repairing whatever happened and I'm limited in my understanding of technojargon. And do I need to junk IE7? It sure seemed to screw things up when I upgraded so that I can't get to my admin or site on any browser at all, using any computer.

HELPHELPHELPHELPHELP!

Phrogg2

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't get into Admin. Database lockout

Addendum to problem:

According to mySQL, the Unique and Index Keys are both set for column configuration_key.

Don't know what the heck THAT means but perhaps it's what I need to fix?

Phrogg2

Plugin Contributions

I have a similar problem. When I goto mystore/admin I get the login.php screen I enter my username and password then the page refreshes and I have the login.php screen still. If I enter in the incorrect username or password I do get the "Incorrect username or password" message.

Any ideas.?

Plugin Contributions

Upon further searching now I see that the customers cannot login either and nothing can be added to the cart. Anyone have any idea what could be happening?

I am getting this message too after an upgrade. I'd love to know what's going on. The store seems to be there (except no images) but I can't do any admin to see why no images!

0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I get this error for any php file I try to navigate to in the admin directory.

I don't see how to get to the admin login screen. It just won't let me get there. I just get this error. I've been surfing around checking out this issue. No problem with my configuration or db prefix or anything like that.

Plugin Contributions

A search for DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED yields 129 results. I bet one of them will solve the problem.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.