Plugin Contributions

Default Moving copyright info and couple other questions

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me a min. I am in the process of building my site and have the background on but I can not for the life of me figure out where I need to edit the copyright info so it stays to the bottom of the page and not the middle. lol You can see what i mean by visiting my site HERE.

Also I would like to have my background stay in place. Is this possible?

I ask because like when you click to register the form overlaps the page. Where would I edit so this stays in place? Or should i have my template longer?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Lori

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moving copyright info and couple other questions

If you really want your mainWrapper a fixed height, you can make #contentMainWrapper fixed height too, which will push the footer down.

As you have the background, a page with small contents will have a large gap at the bottom, and a page with larger contents will overflow. I don't see any design purpose to having the page border fixed at the current height; you would make the rest of your development much easier if you work out a fluid height border.

The background is "staying in place", but this is not good for you. If what you mean is for it to stay surrounding the content, we are on the same page (as it were;).
    Google "sliding door method" for an explanation of expanding containers.

Briefly, I think what would work for you is to have the side border as an image 970px wide x 20-30px or so high (exact number of repeats of scallop) and set for repeat-y so it fills whatever the height is. Remove the fixed #mainWrapper height, and any padding.

Then put the top of your border as background in #headerWrapper, no-repeat, background-position: top;, and no top or side margins.

The bottom border can go in #siteInfoLegal, similarly arranged. Give #siteInfoLegal a height big enough so the border can sit below the text.

Finally, as I was scrolling through your stylesheet, I noticed a raft of things that were unnecessary, wrongly written, or are likely to cause difficulties down the road. Once you have made a start on your border, I can help you go through those if you want.

Plugin Contributions

Awww...Thanks so much Glenn! I will get to work on this in just a bit and get back to you!! :)

We're starting to get a sever thunderstorm so am shutting down for a bit.

I SO appreciate you help! Thanks again!! :)

Plugin Contributions

ACK...I think I have done what you said but it's still not looking right. lol

Plugin Contributions

Okay I think I got this figured out somewhat. But now it seems that the bottom piece is not lining up properly. Is because of the way it was cut or are my settings off somewhere? I played with the numbers but nothing seemed to help it.

Plugin Contributions

In Firefox, I am seeing the bottom/sides junction lining up perfectly. It's the top/sides junction that is off.
    For that, first, you need to stretch the top graphic a few pixels so it matches the width of the mainWrapper side borders.
    Next, you need to adjust the mainWrapper background-position: 13px center; (change 13 as required) to move the side scallops down to align with the top scallops.
    Because you have a pattern with a visible repeat, it will not always line up exactly at the bottom.

Do you want the copyright below the border? If not, you need to put bg_bottom.jpg in #siteInfoLegal, positioned at the bottom center, and with padding-bottom: whatever; to get the text located properly.

The bg_bottom image is currently being cut off because it is positioned by default at the top of #navSuppWrapper.

You have bg_top.jpg in #navMainWrapper as well as #headerWrapper; it should only be in #headerWrapper. You can give #headerWrapper padding: 20px 20px 0px 20px; to keep the text inside the border.

Plugin Contributions

What is the end result supposed to look like?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much Glenn. I'm still playing with it. Seems when I moved the bottom to the siteleagal it wants to double. lol But I'm gonna play some more tomorrow with it.

Kim, This is what I want it to look like when I finish HERE. Of coarse as you can see I'm a total newbie at trying my hand at building a site. But it's a good lesson.